This Platelet Concentration Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Platelet Concentration Systems market.
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is a regenerative injection therapy which stimulate body’s natural healing process. Platelet Rich Plasma is a plasma fraction of autologous blood which has been enriched with platelets by specialized equipment. Platelet-rich plasma is a non-surgical alternative to potential cure areas, such as orthopedics, sports medicine, dentistry, ENT, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, urology, and wound healing; as well as cosmetic, cardiothoracic, and maxillofacial surgery. Platelet concentration systems are designed for safe and rapid preparation of platelet rich plasma at the point of care from a small amount of patient’s blood sample. Such concentrated systems offers high platelet yield through centrifugal action which preserves the fragile buffy coat. This buffy coat is suspended in the volume of plasma and delivered back to the patient. Depending on the system used for the preparation of PRP the concentration of platelets may range from four to eight times. In addition many systems available in the market now a days also allow collection of platelet poor plasma which can be delivered to the patients as an autologous fibrin product for topical homeostasis. The market for platelet concentration systems is expected to grow at a good pace attributed to increasing technological advancements and increasing application of PRP therapy in sports medicine.
Foremost drivers for platelet concentration systems include rising prevalence of musculoskeletal injuries with rising application of PRP therapy in sports medicine. According to the European Injury Data Base, approximately 4.5 million people aged 15 years and above are treated in EU hospitals for sports injury annually. Also introduction of technologically advanced platelet concentration systems in the preparation of autologous blood concentrate would enhance the rapid penetration of these devices in the forthcoming years. For instance, PEAK PRP System (DePuy) prepares highly concentrated 3 ml of PRP from 27 ml of whole blood in only two and half minutes. However, strong competition from local manufactures may affect the overall market growth of platelet concentration systems in the near future.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
With introduction of technologically advanced concentration systems in terms of producing highly concentrated platelets in a short duration is expected to create tremendous opportunities for the market growth in the forthcoming years.
On the basis of region presence, the platelet concentration system is segmented into five key regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
Currently, North America has the largest market share in the use of platelet concentration systems attributed to increasing prevalence of sports related injuries followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. European Commission states that, in a year, about 15-20% of primary care consultation in Europe is for musculoskeletal injuries. However, platelet rich plasma therapy is an attractive and promising alternative to surgery, for treating musculoskeletal injuries such as tennis elbow, achilles tendinopathy and plantar fasciitis, by promoting safe and effective wound healing. However, with development of sophisticated R&D infrastructure in emerging region such as APAC, is expected to gain traction in the forthcoming years. Other factors expected to have the prominent impact on the growth of platelet concentration system are increasing patient awareness and affordability levels and regulatory harmonization.
Platelet Concentration Systems Market: Market Players
Some of the key market players in the global platelet concentration systems includes, Anthrax Inc., Stryker Corporation, Johnson & Johnson’s, Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc., Terumo Corporation, Arteriocyte Medical Systems, Inc., Glofinn Oy., Exactech Inc., Harvest Technologies Corp., Nuo Therapeutics, Inc., Regen Lab SA,
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Platelet Concentration Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmentation by Technology
- Apheresis Technology
- Single Spin Technology
- Double Spin Technology
Segmentation by End User
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Sports injury centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Platelet concentration systems Market Segments
- Platelet concentration systems Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Platelet concentration systems Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2024
- Platelet concentration systems Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Platelet concentration systems Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size, recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Platelet Concentration Systems Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Platelet Concentration Systems Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Platelet Concentration Systems Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Platelet Concentration Systems Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)