This Pocket Pedometers market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pocket Pedometers market.
The pocket pedometers is small device that counts the number of steps a person has taken by detecting the motion of hand and hips. The pocket pedometers allow the user to set it by their own requirement by doing its calibration. The pocket pedometers are most commonly used by sports people and fitness enthusiast. These pocket pedometers are now becoming more popular among people as an daily exercise counter and a motivator. Pocket pedometers allows to give approximate measurement of a steps that a person has taken while running, jogging and walking. Pedometers can be analog, while some can be the digital one that measure the distance covered and calories burned while running and walking. Pedometers are more accurate for running purpose than walking. However, it only counts the number of steps, it does not tells the intensity of those steps. Pedometers are widely used and accepted by the people due to its accuracy and preference of people towards motivational products. Pocket pedometers are simple, easy to use and relatively inexpensive. The pocket pedometers is consist of a battery and charging adapter and is designed to run for longer duration.
Pocket Pedometers Market: Drivers and Restraints
Pocket pedometers market is primarily driven by growing concern of people toward physical activity, exercise and technological advancement. Moreover, increase in healthcare related problems, awareness regarding healthy lifestyle and population suffering from lifestyle related diseases are the major driver to boost the market for pocket pedometers over the coming years. However, device failure, calibration error will be hampering the market growth over the forecast period. In addition to this, the connectivity issues, mobile integration, and battery problem are some problems faced by the users will be hindering the market growth over the coming years. Additionally, wearable smart bands, smart watch and smart phone are the substitute that is available which can impede the market growth for pocket pedometers.
Pocket Pedometers Market: Overview
The pocket pedometers market is expected to show a robust growth over the forecast period owing to increase in lifestyle related health issues and adoption of fitness enabled devices are the major drivers. In 2007, Standford researchers took the bird-eye view, they gathered 26 different papers and concluded them in a paper published in the journal of American Medical Association. According to their synopsis, the pedometer user walk 2,000 steps extra on daily basis, than those who are nonusers and their physical activity level increase by 28%. Also, According to British Heart Foundation report, 20 million British are physically inactive putting at greater risk of cardiovascular diseases, as well as cancer, back pain, diabetes and much more. The pocket pedometers device is the good option for these people as well as for all the people which will work as motivator. Smart pedometer of product type segment is expected to hold the major market revenue over the coming year due to acceptance of people towards the use of smart devices. Based on distribution channel the online stores is the leader according to the previous data and will remain maintain the same position in the market over the forecast period.
Pocket Pedometers Market: Regional Overview
Geographically, the global pocket pedometers market is segmented into regions such as Latin America, Europe, North America, South Asia, East Asia Middle East & Africa and Oceania. North America is projected to emerge as prominent market in the global pocket pedometers market due to higher adoption of fitness enabled devices, government spending on the promotion regarding sedentary lifestyle and inclusion in the curriculum of physicians. The pocket pedometers market in the south Asia and East Asia is expected to grow substantially due to the increasing in chronic disease, life expectancy and recent rise in technological advanced products in developing economies. Europe is expected to hold prominent share in the global pocket pedometers market throughout the study period owning to higher inclination toward manufacturers and awareness regarding pedometer devices. Middle East and Africa region is expected to be the least revenue generating market due to very less per capita expenditure on health and lack of health infrastructure.
Pocket Pedometers Market: Key Players
some examples of key participants operating at the global level across the value chain include WeLoop, Lifesense Group, Xiaomi Inc., Fitbit, Inc., NIKE, Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd, OMRON Corporation, Jawbone, Garmin, Pedometer USA, Omron Healthcare, Apple, Yamax, Misfit, Moov Inc., IHS Product Design.
The research report on pocket pedometers market presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report on pocket pedometers market provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on Pocket Pedometers market:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Report on Pocket Pedometers market includes regional analysis:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, ASEAN)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Northern Africa)
The report on pocket pedometers market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pocket Pedometers Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Pocket Pedometers Market: Segmentation
The global pocket pedometers market is classified on the basis of product type, by technology, distribution channel and region.
Based on product type, the global pocket pedometers market is segmented as:
- Smart Pedometers
- Manual Pedometers
Based on technology type, the global pocket pedometers market is segmented as:
- Piezoelectric pedometers
- Spring livered
Based on distribution channel, the global pocket pedometers market is segmented as:
- Online stores
- Retail stores
Report on Pocket Pedometers market highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pocket Pedometers Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pocket Pedometers Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pocket Pedometers Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pocket Pedometers Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)