This Pocket Video Camera market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pocket Video Camera market.
The past decade has been decisive in defining the market status of pocket video camera globally. While pocket and flip camcorders hit the market with more sales against traditional camcorders, the former has been undergoing downfall after 2010. Currently, the global pocket video camera is on decline, losing a considerable chunk of market share. FMI’s market research outlook for the forecast period 2016-2026 indicates the sustenance of this scenario through 2026.
Restraints to the Demand for Pocket Video Camera
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
According to FMI’s market research, a majority of the population that has been using a smartphone for photography as well as video recording, does not prioritise high resolution quality as long as their mobile devices allow quick capturing, easy editing and manipulation, and convenient sharing. This in turn is expected to curb the demand for camcorders in the forecast period as well.
Compact size and exceptional optical zoom have played a key role in popularising pocket camcorders. While smartphones and digital cameras successfully took over pocket video cameras in terms of compact size, pocket camcorders maintain their optical zoom superiority in the market, which is projected to compel consumers to buy dedicated camcorders, in contrast to the other two.
Global Pocket Video Camera: Market Segmentation
FMI’s report on the global pocket video camera market offers a 10-year forecast based on the segmentation of the market based on the product size and application.The market is further sub-segmented according to commercial areas, consumer segment, and others. Apart from this, the global pocket video camera market is also divided on the basis of various price ranges such as premium, mid-size, and low price ranges. The market is further bifurcated on the basis of distribution channel, including multi-brand store, single-brand store, and online store.
Geographically, the global pocket video camera industry is divided by major regions, including North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East and Africa. North America accounts for a major market share for pocket and flip camcorders, and is predicted to maintain a considerable market size on a global level.
Opportunities for Manufacturers
Pocket camera manufacturers can invest in web services, which would be complementary to photos or videos, allowing for innovative hardware capabilities, and enhanced features to cater to evolving consumer interests.
Global Pocket Camcorder Market: Key Players
The key players identified to capture significant market shares in the global pocket video camera market include Sony Corporation, JVC Corporation, Panasonic, GoPro, Kodak, Cisco, Contour Inc., and Xiaomi. Sony and JVC remain the most sought after brands among pocket camera consumers.
Most of the leading market brands are focusing on innovative product development and brand reinforcement, which is anticipated to push the sales of pocket camera recorders in the near future. Launching of superior pocket video camera models offering ultra-HD video quality, easy shareability, and quick editing feature is expected to reevaluate the pocket camcorders market over the forecast period 2016-2026.
If the market continues to decline during the forecast period, major brands such as Sony, Canon, and Samsung might not have to face a major impact, as their adjuvant businesses will continue to bring in significant profits. However, the downfall of the pocket camcorder market will certainly pose a major influence on Nikon, being the only player that capitalises exclusively on cameras.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pocket Video Camera Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The demand for pocket camcorders is constantly declining against the growing use of digital cameras and smartphones, which have gained a firm hold within the market. Although relatively lower prices and superior optical zoom remain the camcorders’ strong fortes, the emergence and widespread acceptance of the other two are expected to continue grasping more market size, contrary to camcorders.
- High Video Quality Remains Secondary
Factors Identified to Drive Market Growth
- Relatively Lower Prices
The average price of a pocket camcorder ranges between US$ 100 and US$ 300, which is a key driver expected to sustain its demand in the market. The prices are much lesser compared to digital camera and smartphone.
- Rising technology advancements
Leading pocket video camera manufacturers have been introducing various advanced technologies to the market, which aim at providing unparalleled video quality, sharing options, and enhanced features. This could be a stimulant to the demand for camcorders during the forecast period.
- Superior Optical Zoom
Current and Upcoming Trends in Market
- Pro-camcorders are expected to surpass the sales of conventional, expensive system cameras, which are used in studio environments.
- Digital camcorders with the three-in-one feature of capturing still photo and recording video as well as audio are trending in market.
The Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Pocket Video Camera Market Segments
- Global Pocket Video Camera Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 – 2015 for Global Pocket Video Camera Market
- Pocket Video Camera Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Pocket Video Camera Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Global Pocket Video Camera Market
- Value Chain
- Global Pocket Video Camera Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Pocket Video Camera Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the Global Pocket Video Camera industry
- In-depth market segmentation of Global Pocket Video Camera industry
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value of Global Pocket Video Camera industry
- Recent industry trends and developments of Global Pocket Video Camera industry
- Competitive landscape of Global Pocket Video Camera industry
- Strategies of key players and product offerings in the Global Pocket Video Camera industry
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth in Global Pocket Video Camera industry
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint