This Polybutadiene market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Polybutadiene market.
Polybutadiene often referred as a polybutadiene rubber is used specifically in the manufacturing of synthetic tires. Polybutadiene is the second largest compound used in the syntheses of synthetic rubber after styrene butadiene rubber (SBR). Properties such as high resistance, excellent abrasion resistance, high resilience, exceptional rolling resistance as well as low glass transition temperature, which helps in better fuel economy, make polybutadiene the ideal choice for the manufacturing of tires. Almost 70 percent of polybutadiene manufactured is used in the manufacturing of tires, whereas 30 percent is used as an additive to increase the properties, such as toughness and thermal resistance, of the polymers, for instance, butadiene styrene (ABS) and polystyrene. Polybutadiene, owing to its excellent resiliency, has found its adoption in some niche applications, such as manufacturing of soft toys and golf balls. Commercially, polybutadiene is available in two types, i.e. solid polybutadiene and liquid polybutadiene, out of which solid polybutadiene holds the larger share in terms of consumption. Further, solid polybutadiene is divided into four types: high cis, low cis, high trans and high vinyl polybutadiene. Primarily, the usage of catalysts, such as cobalt, neodymium, nickel, lithium and titanium, used in the production determine the type of the solid catalyst. Neodymium and cobalt are generally used for the synthesis of high cis derivative, whereas lithium catalyst is majorly used for the production of high vinyl and high trans derivative of polybutadiene. Among these derivatives, high cis is found to have excellent growth opportunity in the upcoming years in prominent end-user industries because of its superior toughness, high resistance towards abrasion and also because it shows low vulnerability to cracking and degradation. High cis derivative also provides better cut growth resistance and high green strength.
Polybutadiene Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Polybutadiene Market: Segmentation
Polybutadiene Market: Regional Outlook
The global polybutadiene market is segmented into the seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). As of 2016, the growth in developed regions, such as North America, Western Europe and Japan, will be driven by the expansion of industries, such as automotive and chemical industry. Latin America is considered as one of the key markets for polybutadiene because of the availability of downstream operations. The APEJ region will also register rapid growth due to the presence of major petrochemical companies in the region. Also, demand in the APEJ region is attributed to the adoption of polybutadiene in a large scale from the end-user industries. MEA is also projected to witness a steady growth rate because of volatile crude oil prices.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Polybutadiene Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of Product type, the polybutadiene market can be segmented as:
- Solid Polybutadiene
- High Cis Polybutadiene
- Low Cis Polybutadiene
- High Vinyl Polybutadiene
- High Trans polybutadiene
- Liquid Polybutadiene
On the basis of Application, the polybutadiene market can be segmented as:
- Tire Manufacturing
- Industrial Rubber Manufacturing
- Polymer Modification
Examples of some of the market participants in the global polybutadiene market identified across the value chain include:
- Lanxess AG
- Synthos S.A
- UBE Industries, Ltd.
- JSR Corporation
- Versalis S.P.A
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Trinseo S.A
- PJSC Sibur Holdings
- Kumho Petrochemical Co. Ltd
- Taiwan Synthetic Rubber Corporation
- Shazand Petrochemical Corporation
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Polybutadiene Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Polybutadiene Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Polybutadiene Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Polybutadiene Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.