This Porphyrias Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Porphyrias Treatment market.
Porphyrias is a rare genetic disorder which can cause skin or nerve problems. Porphyria that affects the nervous system is known as acute porphyria whereas which affects the skin is termed as cutaneous porphyria. There are various types of porphyria which are generally classified into two categories: erythropoietic and hepatic. Erythropoietic forms are caused by problems in RBCs whereas hepatic forms of the disorder are caused by problems in the liver. Each different type of porphyria signifies a deficiency of a specific enzyme required for the synthesis of heme. Porphyrias treatment is specific to the type of porphyria. Based on the type of porphyrias different test are performed for the diagnosis purpose. Tests include a combination of blood, urine or stool testing. Porphyria has many signs and symptoms ranging from mild to severe which are very similar to other common diseases. Some of the common symptoms of porphyria are light sensitivity (causing blisters or rashes), abdominal pain, and problems with the nervous system. Porphyrias treatment may include avoiding the triggers, taking medicines to relieve symptoms, receiving heme through a vein, or having blood drawn to reduce iron in the body. Presently, there is no cure for porphyria but there are porphyrias treatment available based on the type of disease.
Panhematin is the only commercially available heme therapy in the U.S. for porphyrias treatment. People with severe porphyric attacks are treated with heme given by vein. If porphyrias treatment is delayed, then recovery takes longer and some nerve damage may be permanent. Furthermore, a high carbohydrate diet and intravenous glucose therapy for mild attacks are usually recommended for porphyrias treatment. Liver transplantation is recommended for acute intermittent porphyria.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Porphyrias Treatment Market: Drivers and Restraints
It is observed that the continuous rise in research grants and R&D expenditures from government and other pharma companies in order to fuel the development of rare disease drugs which would change the landscape of porphyrias treatment over the forecast period of 2018–2028. Thus the development of drugs for porphyrias treatment by leading biotechnology companies is becoming one of the prominent drivers in driving the growth of the global porphyrias treatment market. Unlike other pharmaceutical drugs, less competition in the porphyrias treatment market encourages the entry of new drug makers to invest in the research and development for porphyrias treatment. However, the prevalence of porphyria is still unknown but according to clinicians a range of 1 per 500-50,000 of the population is expected. The high treatment cost and challenges to reimbursement for porphyrias treatment are the factors limiting the growth of global porphyrias treatment market.
Porphyrias Treatment Market: Overview
Porphyria is a disorder which is hard to diagnose and requires blood, urine and stool tests. Porphyrias treatment for acute attacks requires to decrease heme synthesis and reduce the production of porphyrin precursors. An approved orphan drug earlier known as hemin, now called panhematin, is used as a treatment for various types of porphyria. The global porphyrias treatment market is expected to grow at a significant growth rate over the forecast period. Based on the distribution channel, the global porphyrias treatment market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, e-commerce, retail pharmacies, and others.
Porphyrias Treatment Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of geography, the global porphyrias treatment market is segmented into eight key regions, namely North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding China and Japan, China, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to hold maximum market share in the global porphyrias treatment market due to the favourable reimbursement policies and presence of key players in the region. Asia Pacific porphyrias treatment market is projected to grow at maximum growth rate over the forecast period. This is majorly due to the entry of new players and rising awareness towards porphyrias treatment. The Middle East & Africa porphyrias treatment market is expected to hold minimum share in the global porphyrias treatment market owing to the lack of clear strategies to access healthcare support for porphyrias treatment.
Porphyrias Treatment Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players in the global porphyrias treatment market are H. Lundbeck A/S, Recordati Rare Diseases Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Mylan N.V., Allergan plc, Apotex Inc., Pfizer Inc., and others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Porphyrias Treatment Market Segments
- Porphyrias Treatment Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding China and Japan (India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Porphyrias Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Porphyrias Treatment Market: Segmentation
The global porphyrias treatment market is segmented by drug class, route of administration, distribution channel and region:
Based on the drug class, the global porphyrias treatment market is segmented into:
- Porphyrin (Panhematin)
Based on the route of administration, the global porphyrias treatment market is segmented into:
Based on the distribution channel, the global porphyrias treatment market is segmented into:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Porphyrias Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Porphyrias Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Porphyrias Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Porphyrias Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)