This Power Transmission Cables Analysis market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Power Transmission Cables Analysis market.
Power Transmission Cable: Market Overview
Power or electricity transmission infrastructure and distribution network is the backbone of civic, residential and commercial infrastructure for sustainable development, and power transmission cables are the nerve of this network. Though power transmission cables are designed as per requirement, a basic cable is made of an electrical insulation material which could be of PVC, PE, XLPE, or EPR. Power transmission cable could either be installed on overhead transmission poles for utility services or run underground for industrial use.
Power Transmission Cable: Market Dynamics
The power generation and distribution sectors are in the midst of transformation. With growing levels of Electrification in developing and emerging regions, digitalization and decentralization are the game-changing converging trends in the power transmission cable market. Electrification has become critical for environmental benefits and the gradual shift towards the alternative source of energy to achieve the long term goal of reducing carbon footprint is expected to increase the rate of electrification. With the power sector growth being helped by investments by government, public and private enterprises, the new sales of power transmission cables has also facilitated new installations of power transmission cables. Thus, electrification of heavy polluting end use industries such as transportation to create significant opportunities for smart and new grids, in turn, driving the demand for power transmission cable market. Decentralization, the second trend, refers to homogenous and efficient distribution of power derived from renewable source. Further, digitalization supports both the trends; electrification and decentralization. Digitalization has enabled real-time optimization of smart grids for controlled consumption and production. Therefore, ageing grid are expected to be replaced by new grids owing to the expanding adoption of renewable sources. Thereby, fuelling the volume sales of power transmission cable in the global market.
Additionally, rising infrastructural projects are expected to drive the market. For instance, the Indian government has given a massive push to the construction sector by allocating a budget of US$ 61.92 Bn for infrastructural development. However, delay in completion of electrification and grid expansion projects due to lack of funding and awareness could hamper the year-over-year growth of the global power transmission cable market.
Power Transmission Cable Market: Regional Outlook
Among all the developed countries, the United States has witnessed a wave of renewable capacity addition in 2011-2016 of about 70 Gigawatts, and it is expected to reach 180 gigawatts by 2022. Thus, OEMs and investors are making massive investment in large scale renewable transmission and distribution network. Hence, North America is expected to have a fair share in the global power transmission cable market. China and India are stipulated to be the emerging markets in the global power transmission cable market owing to their expanding industrial and commercial infrastructure. Efforts towards the implementation of trade protectionist policies in the U.S. & Europe have driven neighbouring countries to focus on liberalizing their trade policies and strengthening association and trade agreements, such as the TBT (the technical barriers to trade agreement) with several other neighbouring countries. This is expected to create avenues for growth and help instil a sense of confidence among the investors, which in turn, will require new installation of transmission and distribution networks, thereby attributing towards the growth of the power transmission cable market. The Middle East & Africa and Latin America are forecast to foresee substantial growth in the global power transmission cable market given the recovering economic situation and increasing energy consumption per capita.
Power Transmission Cable Market: Market Participants
Some of the key market participants identified in the global power transmission cable market across the value chain are:
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Belden Inc.
- Havells India Ltd.
- Sterlite Power
- Cable Corp. of India Ltd.
- AEI Cables Ltd
- General Cable Technologies Corporation
- Southwire Company, LLC
- NKT A/S
- Superconductor Technologies Inc.
- KEC International Ltd.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the power transmission cable market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to power transmission cable market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Power Transmission Cable Market Segments
- Power Transmission Cable Market Dynamics
- Power Transmission Cable Market Size
- Power Transmission Cable Supply & Demand
- Power Transmission Cable Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Power Transmission Cable Competition & Companies involved
- Power Transmission Cable Technology
- Power Transmission Cable Value Chain
Regional Analysis Includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with power transmission cable market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on power transmission cable market segments and geographies.
Power Transmission Cable: Market Segmentation
The global power transmission cable market can been segmented on the basis of material type as:
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- PE (Polyethylene Cable)
- XLPE (Cross-Linked Polyethylene)
- EPR (Ethylene Propylene Rubber)
The global power transmission cable market can been segmented on the basis of installation as:
- Overhead Power Transmission Cables
- Underground Power Transmission Cables
The global power transmission cable market can been segmented on the basis of end use as:
- Detailed overview of power transmission cable’ parent market
- Changing power transmission cable market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth power transmission cable market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected power transmission cable market size in terms of volume and value
- Power transmission cable recent industry trends and developments
- Power transmission cable competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth in power transmission cable market
- A neutral perspective on power transmission cable market performance
- Must-have information for power transmission cable market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.