This Protein Expression market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Protein Expression market.
Protein expression is a biotechnological process that attains and generates specific proteins by manipulating gene expression in any organism. Protein expression has become an important aspect of the field of biotechnology research as it expresses significantly large amounts of recombinant genes.
The prokaryotic system through Escherichia coli was among the first ever protein expression platforms ever introduced, followed by other protein expression systems such as algae, insect cells, yeast systems, and mammalian.
With the recent developments in the area of recombinant technologies and genetic engineering, the protein expression market has created new opportunities of expression and isolation of proteins and genes, which can be utilized well for a wide range of applications.
Applications in Research and Clinical Operations Uplift the Protein Expression Market Growth
The global protein expression market is witnessing incremental growth with the growing adoption of heterologous protein attained through the process of protein expression in clinical processes, research, and many other industrial applications.
In addition, recent advancements in the field of biotechnology have further amplified the potential of magnifying the expression and isolation of recombinant protein on a bigger commercial scale.
Leading players in the protein expression market are capitalizing on the advancements in technologies that enable the development of recombinant proteins that can enter a cell. This is expected to create new avenues of growth for stakeholders and open a window of golden opportunities in the area of therapeutic medicines.
Major market players are expected to focus on offering protein expression-based medicines that target intracellular mechanisms, and the ones that can be utilized as an alternative to intracellularly operating enzymes.
As a result, the demand for therapeutic proteins such as monoclonal antibodies, hormones, insulin, and vaccines will continue to grow in various research and clinical applications.
This will trigger many pharmaceutical companies and life sciences research institutions to focus on the development of these advanced therapeutic proteins in order to gain a competitive advantage in the global protein expression market.
Outbreak of COVID-19 to Trigger Research & Development Activities in Gene Expressions Landscape
The modern world is witnessing the rise in prevalence of various lifestyle disorders, and this is expected to trigger leading pharmaceutical companies to invest heavily in research & development to discover novel drugs. The global outbreak of the novel coronavirus is further expected to bolster the novel drug discovery activities in the life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies, triggering the growth of the protein expression market.
It is emerging as a popular trend in the protein expression market to create platforms for researchers to upload, access, analyse, and consolidate their COVID-19 related reference materials and data sets that focus on protein expression data, along with protein structures, sequences, and other resources.
Many research institutions are introducing COVID-19 research panels to consolidate relevant datasets to simplify the process of data sharing and analyzing various conclusions that can further bolster the efforts in coronavirus research.
Through these initiatives, leading players in the protein expression market are aiming to implicate gene and protein expression data of human genes in the virus infection of the host cells, which will enable researchers to find out which types of cells and genes exhibit the highest expression in the infections due to SARS-CoV-2.
Protein Expression Market: Region-wise Analysis
Based on the geographical factors, the global protein expression market is broadly divided into seven different regions viz., North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa. Among these regional markets for protein expression, the North American region is expected to maintain its stronghold on the global landscape.
With the increasing presence of large biotechnology companies along with the rise in ongoing research & development activities in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies in the United States, the North America protein expression market is expected to account for a significantly large revenue share in the global market.
On the other hand, European countries such as Germany, France, Switzerland, along with the United Kingdom, are also exhibiting a favourable growth environment for stakeholders in the protein expression market.
Highly developed infrastructure for research is bolstering the genomics and proteomics activities in the region, which will further boost the new opportunities for stakeholders in the Europe protein expression market in the coming years.
While developed regions are exhibiting their stronghold with a large revenue share, developing countries in Asia Pacific are expected to boost the regional market growth with the growing demand for innovative biopharmaceutical productions in the region.
This is expected to boost the research & development activities in the Asia Pacific protein expression market, giving rise to the development of novel products and resulting in the fastest growth of the regional market.
Protein Expression Market: Competitive Landscape
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Life Technologies Corporation (Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.)
- Qiagen, New England Biolabs, Inc.
- Takara Bio, Inc.
- Merck Millipore
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Promega Corporation.
Leading players in the global protein expression market are increasing focus on expansion through merger & acquisition, collaborations, as well as regional expansions to consolidate their position in the global landscape.
In April 2019, Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc., a Scotland-based, leading clinical stage adeno-associated virus (AAV)gene therapy platform company, announced that it has acquired Synpromics Ltd, a leader in bioinformatics and intelligent data-driven designs and a gene control synthetic promoter technology which facilitates more precise cell targeting and gene expression.
With this acquisition, the company aims to achieve technical leadership and improve its collective ability to develop maximally expressed and highly targeted gene therapies.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Protein Expression Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Protein Expression Market: Segment Analysis
The protein expression market can be segmented on the basis of the following:
- Escherichia Coli
- Expression Vectors
- Competent Cells
By End User
- Academic Research
- Contract Research Organizations
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Protein Expression Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Protein Expression Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Protein Expression Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Protein Expression Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)