The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
This Protein Expression market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Protein Expression market.
The formation of amino acids or proteins within the cells of living organisms that takes place after gene expression is referred as protein expression. Gene expression utilizes DNA template for mRNA formation during transcription, which is thereafter utilized as a template for protein polypeptide formation of amino acids during the translation process. Protein expression is a vital process in which numerous important types of proteins are synthesized and modified, where recombinant proteins can also be synthesized. These synthesized, modified and recombinant protein types find a wide range of commercial applications.
Protein expression is utilized thorough protein expression systems, which find wide usage in various fields such as biotechnology, medicine and life sciences. One major field of biotechnology, molecular biology utilizes many proteins like DNA polymerase in polymerase chain reactions (PCRs), restriction endonucleases in cloning procedures and reverse transcriptases in the analysis of RNAs. Some medical applications of protein expression include the large scale production of human insulin and various product sets for drug discovery procedures. Major protein expression systems include, baculovirus based systems, mammalian cell expression systems, E. coli systems, saccharomyces systems, K. lactis systems, pichia systems and other expression systems.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Major driving factors for the growth of this market include, rising biologics market and corresponding research activities, increasing demand from proteomics market, in turn will benefit this market, and others. Sales drop in the pharmaceutical industry due to current patent expiries of major drugs, have induced intense research and development of novel pharmaceuticals in various categories will demand more proteins from this market, hence will contribute towards the growth of this market. The expanding biologics and proteomics market will increase the demand for more pure forms of proteins from fields such as biotechnology, drug researches etc. These demands will boost the overall protein expression market in the coming future. However, cost and expense cuttings in various R&D activities in the fields of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry as well as market consolidation of high degree are some restraining factors for this market.
Geographically, North America is the largest market for protein expression followed by Europe. These regions dominate the overall protein expression market due to factors like presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure in these regions combined with intense R&D activities carried out. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing protein expression market due to increasing penetration of various biotechnology and pharmaceutical giants in R&D activities in these areas. Other major factors responsible for this regions’ fast growth are rapidly increasing healthcare infrastructure and increasing awareness and hence, demand for biologics and other proteins in the region.
Some of the key players operating in the protein expression market are Agilent Technologies, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, New England Biolabs, Inc., Merck Millipore, Promega Corporation, Qiagen, Takara Bio, Inc., and Life Technologies Corporation (Thermo Fischer Scientific, Inc.).
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Protein Expression Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product types and distribution channels.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Protein Expression Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Protein Expression Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Protein Expression Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Protein Expression Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)