This Shellac market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Shellac market.
Shellac is a natural bioadhesive polymer and is artificially like synthetic polymers, and thus can be viewed as a natural type of plastic. Thermoplastic is likewise classified as shellac is transformed into molding compound when mixed with flour and shaped under heat and weight techniques. The shellac is formed by secretion of raisins and is handled and sold as dry flakes, quickly dissolved in ethanol to make liquid shellac, which is used as a food glaze, brush-on colorant, and wood wrap up. The shellac has three main components namely hard resin, soft resin, and wax. Shellac is brownish-orange or yellow in color and has few properties of shinning and translucent. Shellac is insoluble in water. With ethanol, it gives an opalescent solution i.e. wax containing shellac and bleached shellac or gives a clear solution bleached and dewaxed shellac. Whenever warmed, it is sparingly solvent or dissolvable in alkaline solutions.
Global Shellac: Market Dynamics:
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Shellac: Segmentation:
Global Shellac: Segmentation Overview:
The global shellac market is segmented by its functional use, nature of the treatment of crude secretion, application, end-use, and region. By functional use, the shellac market is segmented as glazing, coating and surface furnishing agent. The gazing agent is used for fruit layer, parting, and for confectionary and chocolates. The coating agent is used for polishing of wood treatment, nail paints. By nature of the treatment of crude secretion, the shellac market is segmented as wax containing, Bleached, and Dewaxed shellac. Among application segment, the confectionary segment is expected to have the substantial growth rate in shellac market, due to rapidly growing young population across a region. By end-use industry, food industry segment has significant revenue share and is expected to increase, owing to demand of confectionaries by young population. In addition to shellac is used in various wood treatment for high gloss, primers, and mat polishes; Electricals for insulator; Cosmetics includes a binder for mascara, shampoo, film, micro incapsulation; Pharma for coating of a tablet, abrasives binder for grinding wheels; hat manufacturing for stiffening and layer of seeds.
Global Shellac: Regional Outlook:
Among all the regions, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan represent a moderately high value, and volume share of the shellac market attributed rapidly developing young population across the region. The North America region likewise represents the value share in the global shellac showcase with substantial growth rate, due to changing the lifestyle of consumers. Eastern Europe and Japan accounts the moderate value of the share in the global shellac showcase. The developing economy includes Middle East Africa, and Latin America has a generous growth in the global shellac market. Growth in the cosmetic industry leads to an overall positive growth of the shellac market over the forecast period.
Global Shellac: Key Players:
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and grades.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Shellac Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on the functional use, shellac market is segmented into:
- Glazing Agent
- Coating Agent
- Surface finishing Agent
Based on the nature of the treatment of crude secretion, shellac market is segmented into:
- Wax containing shellac
- Bleached shellac
- Dewaxed shellac
Based on end-use, the shellac market is segmented into:
- Food Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Cosmetic Industry
Based on the application, the shellac market is segmented into:
- Pharmaceutical application
- Wood polishing
- Shellac wax
- Fruit coating
- Confectionary Glaze
- Food and food packages
- Printing inks
Based on the region, the shellac market is segmented into:
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
Some of the prominent key players of shellac market are
- Excom Europe Ltd.,
- Ferrotex Ltd.
- Tawheed Usmani Production Co., Ltd.
- Stroever GmbH & Co. KG
- D. Manoharlal (Shellac) Pvt.Ltd
- Licorice Extract Co., Ltd.
- Vishnu shellac factory
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis for Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Shellac Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Shellac Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Shellac Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Shellac Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)