This Shunt Voltage References market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Shunt Voltage References market.
Global Shunt Voltage References Market: Introduction
Shunt voltage references have two terminals, GND and OUT, and are based on a concept that is similar to zener diodes. Shunt voltage references require an external resistor module and they operate in parallel connection with the load. A shunt voltage reference may be considered as a current source that is controlled by the potential difference between the GND terminal and the OUT terminal. Regulations can be achieved by adjusting the level of current so that the difference between the supply voltage and the first resistance drop is equal to the reference voltage at the OUT gate. In other words, a constant voltage value is maintained by the shunt reference at the OUT gate by ensuring that the load current and reference current summation comes out to be a constant. These electronic modules levy no limit on the maximum power supply voltage, given that the first resistance is appropriately sized for power dissipation. The power supply connected to the shunt voltage reference circuit delivers the same quantity of maximum current regardless of the load. The supplied current flows through the reference and load, thus dropping the voltage across the first resistance to maintain the reference voltage at the OUT terminal of a shunt voltage reference module.
Shunt voltage references can be integrated into novel electrical circuit configurations, such as limiting circuits, clipping circuits, floating regulators and negative regulators. Shunt voltage references usually feature lower operating currents than series references.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Shunt Voltage References Market: Dynamics
Shunt voltage references are finding applications in automotive, communication technology and consumer electronics with ever-rising advancements in the shunt voltage reference technology. The ever-increasing adoption of shunt voltage references facilitates efficient industrial automation in the end-use verticals. This factor is expected to be a primary driver of the global shunt voltage references market during the forecast period. Factors, such as low procurement costs, minimised noise pollution and ease of use, are estimated to propel the adoption rate of shunt voltage reference modules during the forecast period. The compact nature of a shunt voltage reference module facilitates high integration in devices, such as automotive electronics, solar & wind-powered systems, battery-operated devices and portable electronics, to enhance device efficiency and ensure their optimal functionality. Reduction in the sizes of shunt voltage references is also estimated to drive the global shunt voltage references market during the forecast period.
However, low speeds of output voltage production are expected to play a major role in restraining the overall growth of the global shunt voltage references market during the forecast period. The components integrated into shunt voltage references demand regular maintenance and replacement. This factor makes shunt voltage references tedious to use, and is expected to further restrict the growth of the global shunt voltage references market.
Global Shunt Voltage References Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the key players operating in the global shunt voltage references market are NXP Semiconductors; Fairchild Semiconductor; Infineon Technologies; Texas Instruments Inc.; Diodes Incorporated; Maxim Integrated; Analog Devices, Inc.; Rohm Semiconductors; Intersil Corporation; Amphenol; Methode Electronics, Inc. and Arrow Electronics, Inc., among others.
Global Shunt Voltage Reference Market: Regional Outlook
The shunt voltage references market in Europe is expected to hold the largest market share of the global shunt voltage references market during the forecast period owing to the high presence of shunt voltage reference solution providers in this region. The shunt voltage references markets in Asia Pacific and North America are expected to continue to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for efficient industrial automation in these regions. China is expected to exhibit the highest growth in the Asia Pacific shunt voltage references market during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the ever-rising number of SMEs and large enterprise establishments in the country.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013-2017
- Market Size and Forecast 2018 to 2028
- Supply and Demand Value Chain
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition and Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for the global shunt voltage references market includes:
- North America Shunt Voltage Reference
- U. S.
- Latin America Shunt Voltage Reference
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Shunt Voltage Reference
- U. K.
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Shunt Voltage Reference
- Asia Pacific Shunt Voltage Reference
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of SEA and Others of APAC
- Japan Shunt Voltage Reference
- China Shunt Voltage Reference
- Middle East and Africa Shunt Voltage Reference
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. It provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. It also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Shunt Voltage References Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Shunt Voltage References Market: Segmentation
With regards to application, the global shunt voltage references market can be segmented into:
- Isolated Power Supplies
- Other Applications
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Shunt Voltage References Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Shunt Voltage References Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Shunt Voltage References Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Shunt Voltage References Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.