Silicon Carbide Market Overview
The other name of Silicon carbide is carborundum. The silicon carbide is a semiconductor, which is assist the system in reducing size and power loss by 50 %, owing to which, silicon carbide is expected to replace other silicon based semiconductors and transistors from the market.
Silicon Carbide Market: Drivers and Restraints
Various factors such as the surge in demand for motor drives, compact system size and the increase in utility of silicon carbide in the cellular base station and radio frequency devices are some factor, which is driving the growth of the silicon carbide market during the forecast period.
Silicon carbide reduces the power system loss by 50%, owing to which the adoption of compact size semiconductors is increasing in various application such as Industrial Motor Drive, Power Supply and Inverter, Lighting Control and others.
On the other hand, the price of silicon carbide range approximately from $800 to $2,000 per ton that is very high as compared to other alternatives available in the market. Therefore, the high cost of Silicon carbide is the major factor restraining the growth of the market. Also, defects in material and issue related to the package is the other challenge faced by vendors associated with silicon carbide market.
Global Silicon Carbide Market: Regional Trend
Asia Pacific holds the major market for cellular base station and radio frequency devices, due to which, Asia Pacific region captures largest market share regarding revenue for silicon carbide market. And also, expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. Further, owing to support government FDI on investment in countries such as India and China are the becoming key attraction for the investor to invest in Asia Pacific region.
In addition to above, in China, continuous development in electric vehicles and EV charging are anticipated to cater new avenues for opportunistic growth of silicon carbide market in forth coming years.
Global Silicon Carbide Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the prominent players in the Silicon Carbide Market include Pilegrowth Tech S.R.L, Ascatron AB, United Silicon Carbide, Inc., Basic 3C, Inc., Toshiba Corporation, Bruckewell Technology Corporation, Tankeblue Semiconductor Co. Ltd., Central Semiconductor Corporation, Stmicroelectronics N.V., Cree Inc. (Wolfspeed), DOW Corning Corporation, Sanken Electric Co.,Ltd., Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Saint-Gobain Silicon Carbide, General Electric, Rohm Semiconductor, Genesic Semiconductor Inc., Global Power Technologies Group, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Graphensic AB, On Semiconductor, Infineon Technologies AG, Norstel AB, Microsemi Corporation and Monolith Semiconductor Inc.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Silicon Carbide Market Segments
- Global Silicon Carbide Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Global Silicon Carbide Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for Silicon Carbide Market
- Global Silicon Carbide Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Silicon Carbide Market
- Silicon Carbide Market Solutions Technology
- Value Chain of Silicon Carbide Market
- Global Silicon Carbide Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Silicon Carbide Market includes
- North America Silicon Carbide Market
- Latin America Silicon Carbide Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Silicon Carbide Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Silicon Carbide Market
- Asia Pacific Silicon Carbide Market
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Japan Silicon Carbide Market
- Middle East and Africa Silicon Carbide Market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Silicon Carbide Market: Market Segmentation
Global Silicon Carbide Market can be divided into five segments, based on Product, Wafer size, Application, Vertical application, and Region.
Segmentation on the basis of Product for Silicon Carbide Market:
- Silicon Carbide bare die
- Silicon Carbide discrete devices
- Silicon Carbide module
- Silicon Carbide diode
- Silicon Carbide MOSFET
Segmentation on the basis of Wafer size for Silicon Carbide Market:
- 2 Inches
- 4 Inches
- More than 6-inches
Segmentation on the basis of Application for Silicon Carbide Market:
- Electronic Combat System
- RF Device and Cellular Base Station
- Solar and Wind Energy
- Power Grid Device
- Flame Detector
- Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
- EV Charging
- EV Motor Drive
- High-Voltage, Direct Current (HVDC)
- Industrial Motor Drive
- Power Supply and Inverter
- Lighting Control
Segmentation on the basis of Vertical Application for Silicon Carbide Market:
- Power Electronics
- Energy & Power
- Renewable Power Generation
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.