This Global Telecommunications Services market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Telecommunications Services market.
The telecommunications services industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the business world. Telecommunications services are offered by telecommunications service providers for the purpose of sending and receiving messages through electronic devices. Services include phone internet access, email, text, television, radio and fax. Telecommunications services have a robust global market presence, with the mobile services segment comprising a large chunk. Telecommunications services have proved very beneficial for businesses as they facilitate effective communication with their customers and help establish a healthy relationship with them. Telecommunications services are also beneficial for the employees as they enable easy transmission of data and provide efficiency and flexibility. The smartphone, a key application of the rapidly growing mobile telecommunication, includes an extensive range of applications and functions. The various types of mobile services are the internet, networking for home, networking for business, phone, television, etc., of which the phone and internet are the fastest growing services. Some disadvantages associated with the telecommunications services market are security issues and equipment expenses among others.
Factors enhancing the growth of telecommunications services are modern and advanced technology, market competition, investment in new telecommunication technologies like wireless communication and satellite, innovative services like e-education and e-agriculture, high-skilled technical manpower, affordability of services, demand for high speed internet, data processing, etc. However, some factors stymying the telecommunications services market growth are high cost of value-added services, maintaining security traits and non-awareness among consumers.
The telecommunications services market can be segmented into value-added services and basic communication services. Value-added services include electronic data interchange e-mail, data processing, voicemail, online database storage while basic telecommunication services include circuit-switched data transmission, facsimile services, voice telephone services, telegraph services, packet-switched data transmission, telex services and others.
Telecommunications services have a growing market in Europe, North America, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Internet and mobile phone services are the fastest growing telecommunications services with a strong market presence in Europe and America.
A few key players in the telecommunications services are IBM, Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Deutsche Telekom, Juniper Networks, Tata, Nokia and Vodafone. Services provided by these companies are storage area networks, entry-level servers, storage products, enterprise networking services, storage networking services, services for application networking services, 3G services, bandwidths, broadband networks, calling cards, CDMA services, dial-up internet enterprise data services, mobiles and many more. Among them, 3G services, data processing, broadband networking and the internet services are rapidly growing in the market. It has been observed that the number of internet users across the globe is increasing exponentially day by day, and thus the market for internet-based services is at its peak, with Europe being the leading marketplace for internet-based services.
Key strategies of these players are high quality and high standard services, innovative services, like ultra-broadband by Alcatel-Lucent, advanced telecom technologies, creative thinking and many others. They also use business expansion strategies like mergers & acquisitions, for instance, TATA acquired BT Group’s Mosaic business, AT&T Corp. and SBC merged and named it AT&T Inc., and the merger of MCI and Verizon.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the telecommunications services market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market types, end-users, geography and applications.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. It provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Telecommunications Services Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Telecommunications Services Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Telecommunications Services Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Telecommunications Services Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Telecommunications Services Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Telecommunications Services Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.