This Digital Commerce market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Digital Commerce market.
Global Digital Commerce market has grown abundantly over the last few decades and continues to evolve and experience high growth in both developed and developing markets. Increasing preference of consumers towards online shopping is propelling the demand for digital commerce globally.
Now, customers go through online website before visiting the stores and compare the products and prices sitting at home without any efforts. This is one of the main reason why retailers should increase their online presence.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Digital commerce helps organizations to generate revenue through digital channels by incorporating mobile commerce and mobile payments. In Addition, organizations can utilize social commerce through social media platforms such as Facebook and they can also use local commerce to deliver personalized deals to consumers based on their location by utilizing GPS technology.
Growing number of online shoppers across the globe is enabling the retailers to increase their presence on internet. As per the data suggested by social times, in US 57.4% and in Japan 80% of the of population shops online. In India only 10% people use internet but this country is forecasted to grow with an unmatchable growth rate over the forecast period owing to the increasing demand and usage of mobiles.
Global Digital Commerce Market: Drivers & Restraints
Various factors such as consumers desire to shop from the comfort of their homes and offices, rapidly increasing computer and internet penetration, change in consumer preferences along with the availability of cheap and dependable technology for secure transactions has led to a significant growth in online sales around the world. The growth of digital commerce is majorly fueled by the increasing number of smartphones, broadband connections and tablets.
However, the industry is facing few challenges because e-commerce is a relatively new industry and the majority of online retailers still lack in digital marketing skills. Also, online retailers do not have proper governance structure in place.
Moreover, Security remains prime concern for consumers as the complexity of online fraud attacks continue to increase. Despite these all issues and challenges the global digital market is growing at a rapid pace and is expected to grow at a double digit CAGR between 2016 and 2026
Global Digital Commerce Market: Market Segmentation
Global Digital Commerce Market: Regional Outlook
Depending on geographic regions, global digital commerce market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. As of 2015 North America dominated the global digital commerce market in terms of market revenue followed by Asia Pacific. Latin America is also estimated to show effective growth in near future due to millennials gaining internet access. China and the US are the leading players in the global e-commerce market. They are anticipated to account for majority of the market share in global digital market share by 2025. According to eMarketer, there were 148 million online shoppers in China in 2010. The shoppers accounted for 11% of the population and 32% of the total Internet users in the country. Asia is expected to become the biggest e-commerce market in the world in the future.
Global Digital Commerce Market: Market Players
Some of the major players operating in global digital market are Amazon.com, JD.com, Alibaba, eBay, Rakuten, Groupon, ASOS.com and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along withmarket attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Digital Commerce Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The global digital commerce market is broadly classified into four segments on the basis of business model
- Business to Business
- Business to Customer
- Customer to Customer
- Business to government
The global digital commerce market is broadly classified into four segments on the basis of types of e-commerce software
- Software as a service Software
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Digital Commerce Market Segments
- Digital Commerce Market Dynamics
- Digital Commerce Market Size
- Digital Commerce Market Supply & Demand
- Digital Commerce Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Digital Commerce Technology
- Digital Commerce market Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Digital Commerce Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Digital Commerce Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Digital Commerce Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Digital Commerce Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.