This Global Voip Services market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Voip Services market.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) is a methodology, which uses various data and voice transfer technologies such as IP telephony, voice over broadband and Internet telephony to provide communication services over a packet-switched network. VoIP services require conversion of voice signals into digital signals, which are then carried over the IP-based network. Calls can be made from regular telephones, VoIP phones, computersand mobile phones. VoIP services are implemented using various protocols such as H.323, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Inter Asterisk eXchange (IAX), Real Time Protocol (RTP) and Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP).
The global VOIP services market is driven by industry participants focusing intensely on pushing VoIP solutions across corporate and individual consumer sectors. This has led to multi-pronged developments, especially in network infrastructure and cloud-based models.
Proprietary and open-source platforms are constantly witnessing the addition of newer technologies;hence consumers are demanding innovative solutions to reduce costs for availing communication services.
Future Market Insights (FMI) has studied the VoIP services market and provides a detailed analysis,offering an understanding ofthe driving forces behind the popularity of these services in the global communication industry. The report also provides analysis of the major sub-segments of the global VoIPservices market for the next six years, includingdetails of the industry drivers, restraints, market trends and market structure.
Growth of the global VOIP services market is driven by technological advancements, leading to roll out of advanced networks and increased usage of these service over various networks. Business customers adopting cloud-based VoIP services due to cost efficiency and packaged service offerings is another factor driving growth. The market is further being driven by telecommunication players constantly diversifying to offer customers VoIP services.
In 2012, the corporate consumer segment registered 98.9 billion subscribers, accounting for US$ 43.27 Bn of the global VOIP services market in terms of revenue. FMI forecasts that the number if subscribers in the corporate consumer segment will increase to around 204.8 billion by 2020, accounting for US$ 86.20 Bn in terms of revenue.
The computer to computer segment of the VoIP servicesmarket registered revenue at US$ 20.74 Bn with 57.4 Mn subscribers in 2012. By 2019 however, this segment is expected to account for US$ 24.74Bn with72.2 Mn subscribers.
Phone to phone segment accounted for US$ 15.88 Bn with 35.9 Mn subscribersin 2012, and is expected to increase to US$ 44.78 Bn with 116.5 Mn subscribers by 2019. The computer to phone segment accounted for US$ 27.35 Bnwith 58.3 Mn subscribers, and is projected to increase to US$ 56.56 Bn witha 128.3 Mn-strong subscriber base by 2019.
The individual consumer segmenthad a 52.7 Mn-strong subscriber base in 2012, and contributed US$ 20.70 Bnin terms of revenue. Of all, phone-to-phone VOIP services is the fastest growing segment, expected to increaserapidly in terms of subscriber base and revenue between 2014and 2019.
This robust growth is attributed toservice providers transitioning from circuit-switched networks to packet-switched networks. Hence the market has been witnessing a shift from traditional telephony using CDMA or GSM technology, to VoIP services using cellular networks such as 3G and 4G.
Some of the market restraints include low public acceptance of VoIP services in the residential consumer segment. However, with need to make international or long-distance calls growing constantly due to a moving working force or migrating population, the impact of low public acceptance is expected to decline to low over the forecast period. In addition, certain regulations or policies implemented by regional governments in emerging economies to protect or safeguard local telecom industry is hampering growth of the global VOIP services market to a large extent. The impact of this however, is expected to decline from high to medium and then to low by the end of the forecast period.
Presence of multiple players in the market causes price competitiveness, forcing companies to offer bundled services to differentiate their offerings. The key players in the global VOIP services market include Vonage Holdings Corp., RingCentral, Inc., 8×8, Inc., Nextiva, Inc. and InPhonex LLC.These companies focus on offering domestic as well as international calling plans with additional services such as emergency number (911) calling, speed dialing, call transfer, call blocking, conference calling and fax support. In 2013, AT&T, Inc. led the market, accounting for 7.5% of the global VoIP services market revenue.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product type and distribution channels.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Voip Services Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Voip Services Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Voip Services Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Voip Services Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Voip Services Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Voip Services Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.