This Slimicides market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Slimicides market.
Global Slimicides Market Introduction
Slimicides are chemical agents used for killing microorganisms that produce slime, such as bacteria, fungi, slime and algae. Slime is used in the papermaking process as a large amount of water is recirculated and different paper making chemicals are added during the process of papermaking for improving the quality of paper and increasing the process productivity. The temperature and pH of the recirculating water and other environmental conditions of the reused water are ideal for the growth of the bacteria and other microorganisms which produce slimes. Breaks and holes in the network of fibers or paper web, produced by slime lumps, can impact paper quality and its finishing. Slime can also be responsible for pipe clogging or nozzle blocks, which results in production breakdown and sudden shutdowns. This increases production and maintenance cost. Slimicides are used to avoid such breakdowns. The Paper industry is a major consumer of slimicides. Slimicides are a type of biocide and are generally compatible with various pH conditions. Slimicides also must be compatible with the additives used in the paper making process. Slimicides are of various chemical origins, including bromium, aldehydes, organic sulfur and quaternary ammonium compounds.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Market Dynamics of Slimicides Market
Increasing Demand for Process Improvement Chemicals from Paper Making Industry Pushing the Growth of Slimicides Market
The Paper Industry is going through a dynamic stage and cost saving and quality improvement are at the center of the strategies being followed by paper industry players. Rise in demand for paper processing chemicals to improve process quality is expected to drive the slimicides market during the forecast period. The growth of the paper industry is being pushed by the growth of the paper and packaging industry globally. Emerging markets are also creating paper demand because of the expanding middle class in these markets. Demand from hygiene products is one of the major drivers for the paper industry now a days. Increasing demand for paper is ultimately pushing the paper making industry and in turn, accelerating the demand for slimicides.
Rising environmental, political and economic pressures on paper making industry
Stringent environmental regulations pertaining to waste water and other effluents from the paper industry are anticipated to be a restraining factor for the growth of the slimicides market. The Paper industry consumes a large amount of wood. Regional laws and regulations regarding tree cutting and use of paper are expected to negatively impact the growth of the paper industry in developed economies. Slimicides come under biocides and are bound to follow regulations imposed on the use of biocides. Increasing number of regulations from various authorities, including EPA, REACH and others, on the use of chemical biocides will impact the potential growth of slimicides market during the forecast period.
Slimicides Market Trends: New developments in the field of biocides are expected to create new opportunities for slimicides
Continuous research and development in the field of biocides is pushing the demand for efficient biocides in the papermaking industry. New materials with better properties to kill slime and other unwanted microorganisms are being developed. These materials are not only effective, they are also less harmful for the environment as these materials are needed only in a small quantity. Slimicides manufacturers are entering into long-term contracts with paper making companies to enhance their presence in the market.
Slimicides Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific leads the global slimicides market due to increasing demand from the growing paper and pulp industry in the region. Increasing middle class population in emerging economies of Asia Pacific is supporting the growth of the paper making industry in the region. High GDP growth in the region is also bolstering industrial production and packaging industry, which is expected to push the growth of the paper industry, in turn pushing the growth in demand for slimicides. Europe will follow Asia Pacific, in terms of demand for slimicides. However, stringent regulations in Europe will affect the potential growth of the slimicides market in this region. North America will follow the Europe slimicides market during the forecast period. Increasing prices of paper and packaging materials in North America will increase profit margins for papermaking players. This will further push the papermaking business in North America, in turn driving the demand for slimicides to improve paper quality.
Global Slimicides Market Participants
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global Slimicides market are:
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Vink Chemicals GmbH & Co. KG
- Watch Water GmbH
- Albemarle Corporation
- Parchem fine & specialty chemicals
- Superior Plus Corp.
- Lonza Group Ltd
- Auchtel Product Limited
- Calgon Bio-Organics Pvt Ltd
The global market research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The global market research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The global Slimicides market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Slimicides Market Segments
- Slimicides Market Dynamics
- Slimicides Market Size
- Slimicides Supply & Demand
- Slimicides Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Slimicides Competition & Companies Involved
- Slimicides Technology
- Slimicides Value Chain
The Global Slimicides Market: Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The global market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The global market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The global market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Slimicides Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Slimicides Market Segmentation
On the basis of type, the global slimicides market can be segmented as:
- Organic Sulfur
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Other Compounds
On the basis of form, the global slimicides market can be segmented as:
On the basis of end use industry, the global slimicides market can be segmented as:
- Paper Industry
- Oil Extraction Industry
The Global Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Slimicides Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Slimicides Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Slimicides Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Slimicides Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.