Sorbitan, an end product of the dehydration of sorbitol is an emulsifying agent. Sorbitan fatty esters are known as sorbitan esters that are highly safe to use as an ingredient in food and cosmetic products. It is used as a food additive in production process as emulsifier. Sorbitan is a generic name of anhydrides that are derived from sorbitol, is a crystalline hex hydric alcohol that occurs naturally from seaweed, algae and fruits. Sorbitan tristearate is a non-ionic surfactant. Sorbitan tristearate is variously used as an emulsifier, stabilizer, and dispersing agent in aerosol sprays and food. As a food additive, sorbitan tristearate has the E number E492. Sorbitan is made by esterification of sorbitol and commercial stearic acid that is derived from food fats and oil. Moreover, sorbitan tristearate is permitted as a food additive in dietetic foods, dietary food supplements, and sugar confectionery including chocolate, beverage whiteners, milk and cream analogues, and other food products.
Global Sorbitan Tristearate Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing demand for sorbitan tristearate in food and beverages industry due to increasing demand of emulsifiers is driving the growth of global sorbitan tristearate market. Demand for sorbitan tristearate is increasing in personal care industry as it works as an emulsifier and stabilizer in cosmetic products. Furthermore, the increasing applications of sorbitan tristearate in various end user industries due to extensive research and developments by companies is further fuelling the growth of global sorbitan tristearate market. Wide applications of sorbitan tristearate in bakery and confectionary is dominating the global sorbitan tristearate market with more than half of the market share in terms of volume as well as value.
In some of the cosmetics products uses of sorbitan tristearate has approved with some concentration limits, which is a limiting factor in the growth of global sorbitan tristearate market.
Global Sorbitan Tristearate Market: Region wise Outlook
The global sorbitan tristearate market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). Europe is accounted as one of the largest market for sorbitan tristearate and other food emulsifiers owing to the flourishing food and beverages market in the region. Increasing penetration of bakery and confectionary products in Western Europe and other regions is expected to grow the global sorbitan tristearate market during the forecast period. Asia Pacific and Latin America are among the emerging clusters of the globe, which are anticipated to witness an above average CAGR over the forecast period. However, the global sorbitan tristearate market is expected to witness a steady growth by the end of 2027.
Global Sorbitan Tristearate Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players in the global sorbitan tristearate market are-
- ERCA SPA
- Coast Southwest, Inc.
- Colonial Chemical, Inc.
- Kawaken Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Burlington Chemical Company
- Flowers Song Fine Chemical Co., Ltd
- Fitz Chem Corporation
- Kao Chemicals
- ERCA Group
- Dow chemical company
- Estelle chemicals pvt., ltd.
- Guangzhou Ruhana Food Additive Co., Ltd.
- Hangzhou Funchan Food Additive Co., Ltd.
- Triveni chemicals
- Jeevika Yugchem Private Limited
- Croda India company pvt. Ltd.
- Kawaken Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Coast Southwest, Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and Industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
Global Sorbitan Tristearate Market: Segmentation
On the basis of end uses, the global sorbitan tristearate market is segmented into:-
- Bakery and confectionary products
- Meat products
- milk and cream analogues
- beverage whiteners
- emulsified sauces
- dietary food supplements
- edible ices
- Personal care industry
- Skin care products
- Hair care products
- Makeup bases and foundations
- Other cosmetics
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.