This Speech Generating Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Speech Generating Devices market.
Speech generating device are the electronic device which allow the user to select the message which to be spoken aloud. Speech generating devices are also known as voice output communication aids. Speech generating devices help individual users with limited verbal interaction ability to communicate effectively and in an easy way. Development of the prototype of Speech generating devices was noted from mid-1970. Over period of time many technology advancements are taken place in electronic technology to make the devices more user interactive and portable.
For instance, in March,2013 Lingraphica has launched MiniTalk speech generating device that has 7-inch screen for people with Aphasia and Apraxia speech, this device have 7,00 graphic icons, words and others features.Currently, the speech generating devices are present in many variants based on the levels of physical, cognitive abilities, symbol system, eye tracking system, text based, and tongue switches.
Speech Generating Devices Market:Drivers and Restraints
Speech generating devices market is mainly driven by user friendly devices and technology advancements by the manufacturers. Companies are focusing on the touch screen devices to navigate them easily. In addition to that, they can be connected to various versions of smart phone as of Android and iPhone. Owing to its portable in nature, it is gaining traction from various speech related disorder patients creates significant opportunities to the speech generating device manufacturers. According to NIDCD (National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders), it was estimated that approx. 7.5 million U.S population have trouble in their voices. As of restraints, the market of speech generating devices are having very low penetration and high cost of speech generating devices might hamper the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Speech Generating Devices Market:Overview
Speech generating devices market is still in nascent stage. Currently very few players are operating in this segment. Active funding by government organizations to manufacturers to develop new products in low cost to make the devices affordable to the patients. Furthermore, favorable government reimbursement policies is also expected to contribute the growth of the market. For instance, the U.S. Medicare, and Medicaid Services provides reimbursement for evaluation and therapeutic services for the speech generating devices due to that speech generating devices might have a positive growth over the forecast period. Medicare CPT Code 92607, 92608, and 92609 are coded for speech generating devices. Under CPT code 92609 - Therapeutic services for the use of speech-generating device, including programming and modification gets reimbursement of US$ 111.97.
Speech Generating Devices Market:Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of region, Speech Generating Devices Market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America have the major market share in the global market due to awareness of the speech generating devices in the region. Furthermore, government is providing speech generating devices to the students via school.
Europe is expected to grow over the forecast period due to increase in speech related disorders in the region. For instance, in Europe over 2.0 million of population suffering from speech disorders.
Speech Generating Devices Market:Key Players
Some of the players in speech generating devices are AMDi, Tobii Dynavox, Prentke Romich Company, TOBY CHURCHILL Limited, Lingraphica, and Tobii AB
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Speech Generating Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Speech Generating Devices Market:Segmentation
Speech generating devices market segmentation based on:
Based on Display Type:
- Fixed display device
- Dynamic display device
Based on Outcome:
- Digitized speech
- Synthesized speech
Based on disorder types:
Based on Distribution Channels:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Speech Generating Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Speech Generating Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Speech Generating Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Speech Generating Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)