Ablation Devices Market to Value US$ 8 Bn in 2029The healthcare industry has been aggressively shifting towards patient-centric models, where low cost, greater clinical efficacy, reduced hospitalization rate, and minimal invasion are top concerns. Amidst these step-change transformations, the global ablation devices market will surpass US$ 8 Bn in 2029, expanding at a double-digit CAGR. As the healthcare sector is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in tandem with patients’ ever-evolving behaviors, market players are navigating future-proof strategies to deal with the human and economic challenges ahead.
Base year considered
Actual estimates/ Historical data
2014 - 2018
2019 - 2029
Value (USD) Mn
Product Type, Application, End-User, and Region
North America (US & Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Russia, BENELUX and Rest of Europe), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of LA), East Asia (China, Japan and South Korea) South Asia (India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Rest of South Asia), Oceania (Australia and New Zealand) and MEA (GCC, South Africa, Turkey, Northern Africa and Rest of MEA)
Medtronic Plc, Boston Scientific Corporation, and Abbott Laboratories
Major 10 players covered.
Revenue forecasts, company shares, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends
Ablation Devices Market - Key Research Findings
The global ablation devices market in 2018 was valued US$ 3 Bn. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Growth in the prevalence of chronic diseases, emergence of next generation ablation products, increase in technological innovation, and increase in the number of ablation procedures are the primary factors for the growth of the ablation devices market. Moreover, increasing inclination towards the use of ablation devices and rising prevalence of chronic diseases, mainly cardiovascular diseases and tumorigenic cancer, are factors expected to drive the market growth.
- Collectively, Europe and North America are expected to account for major part of the revenue share in the global ablation devices market by the end of 2029.
- North America will continue to be a prominent regional market for ablation services due to the increasing prevalence of cardiac and cancer diseases and increase in government support towards building quality healthcare infrastructure
- Advanced ablation catheters remain the most preferred product type in the global ablation devices market. Advanced ablation catheters comprise cryoablation catheters, irrigated tip RF ablation catheters, and laser ablation catheters.
- Cryoablation catheters are growing at a significant rate, owing to their established record of effectiveness and safety in the treatment of arrhythmias, particularly in peri-nodal procedures. These have been clinical used in Europe, Canada, and the U.S. for several years.
- In terms of end user, hospitals and clinics will continue to be prominent end users for ablation devices. This is attributed to the availability of ablation devices and skilled personnel for better clinical management of various diseases across several medical domains.
- In terms of technology, radiofrequency accounted for a major revenue share, owing to its lesser potential risk and side effects, lesser recovery time, and being used on patients suffering from multiple tumors.
- In terms of function, the automated or robotic segment is expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period. Automated or robotic functionality entails the procedure suited for complex arrhythmias on account of its efficacy, reliability, and significant reduction in X-ray exposure, for both, patient and operator.
Key Factors Shaping the Ablation Devices Market
Rise in Prevalence of Chronic & Cardiovascular Diseases
Growing prevalence of chronic diseases and cardiovascular disorders, and inclination towards minimally-intrusive medical procedures, are critical factors for market growth. Atrial Fibrillation (AF) is anticipated to affect 17.9 million in Europe by 2060, and 12 million individuals in the U.S. by 2050, as indicated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
Moreover, growing geriatric population combined with rising life expectancy is expected to propel market growth over the forecast period. Susceptible towards chronic diseases is seen more among the geriatric population, driving the demand for effective viable treatment, which thus supports the growth of the ablation devices market. As indicated by the World Health Organization (WHO), the total population aged 60 years or more will touch 2 billion by 2050 from 900 million in 2015.
Increasing Demand for Radioactive Ablation Device and next generation ablation devices
Over the past years, it has been noted that, radioactive frequency ablation provides greater clinical benefits than next-generation ablation devices such as endometrial ablation devices. However, Second-generation ablation devices also offer advantages such as shorter recovery time, fluid overload, etc., which is expected to increase the demand for ablation devices. Further, first-generation devices also have many advantages in terms of treatment outcomes, such as lower risk of equipment failure as well as vomiting, nausea, and uterine cramping. This is expected to increase the growth of the ablation devices market over the coming years.
Substantial Increase in Number of Ablation Procedures
Catheter ablation is a safe, durable, and effective method to manage arrhythmias, due to which, it is preferred for life-long medical treatment, and is expected to increase the demand for ablation products. As per the American Heart Association, there has been substantial increase in hospital ablation procedures in the United States. Rise in the volume of catheter ablations for arrhythmias were seen for older patients and those with significant comorbidities. The advantage of non-invasive procedures has attracted individual to adopt ablation procedures, which is further expected to increase the growth of the ablation devices market.
Growth of the Market in Emerging Economies
Increasing prevalence of chronic and cardiovascular diseases, and other diseases, in the Asia Pacific region, is offering a strong impetus to the growth of the ablation devices market. The launch of advanced technological devices prominently accounts for the growing popularity of ablation devices across developing regional markets. Consistent rise in the number of manufacturers and distributors is likely to contribute to the growth of the ablation devices market in the near future.
Ablation Devices Market: Structure Analysis
- Key players continue to increase their market share with the launch of new products in the market.
- Major players focus on inorganic growth strategies to have a strong hold on targeted in-licensing and acquisitions through expanding R&D activities and distribution channels, particularly specialist retail chains.
- Prominent players continue to address the unmet needs in the ablation devices market through continuous product technological innovation.
- The ablation devices market is characterised as a consolidated space, and is likely to remain dynamic, growing at a steady pace throughout the forecast period. Approximately 65% - 80% share of the market is held by tier-1 players.
- Key players continue to focus on expanding treatment options through the continued development of technologies and expansion of product offerings, global commercial expansion, and clinical science investments.
Stakeholders Target Advanced Ablation Catheters for Sustained Profits
Advanced ablation catheters are considered as a viable alternative management strategy, and are frequently utilized in the treatment of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (AFib). Under the category, irrigated tip RF ablation catheters are expected to significantly boost market revenue growth. Cryoablation catheters exhibit greater level of efficiency and safety in the treatment of arrhythmias, particularly in perinodal procedures, and thus, are seeing an adoption upsurge. Further, the need to achieve better clinical outcomes in treating a majority of arrhythmias and certain types of structural heart diseases is bolstering the adoption of advanced ablation devices.
Developed Regions Maintain Positive Trend
Together, the ablation devices markets in North America and Europe procure around 70% of total revenue generation. The governments in these regions are significantly investing in healthcare infrastructure in an effort to address the expanding patient pool of cardiac and oncological disorders. While North America’s ablation devices market hit the billion-dollar mark in 2019, the market in Europe will follow the same in 2020. Looking ahead, rapid penetration of state-of-the-art medical equipment and healthcare technologies in Asia is offering further opportunities of growth and profitability in the region.
Upsurge in Ablation Procedure Incidence to Fuel Growth Engine
Ablation devices are a safe, durable, and effective method to manage arrhythmias, due to which, they are highly preferable for prolonged medical treatment. The American Heart Association (AHA) has reported substantial increase in hospital ablation procedures in the US. In addition, rise in the number of catheter ablations for arrhythmias has been observed for geriatric patients and patients with significant comorbidities - around thrice in the recent past. Furthermore, the non-invasive nature of the ablation procedure has attracted huge attention of various healthcare centers, thereby projected to boost the adoption of ablation devices in the near term.
Advanced ablation catheters stay atop
Standard ablation catheters to gain traction
Radiofrequency technology remains highly preferred
Microwave technology to pick pace
High usage in cardiovascular disease treatment
Application in cancer treatment to slide
Conventional ablation devices hold leading value proportion
Automated robotic ablation devices to show noteworthy CAGR
How Growth will Unfold
Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) systems offer advantages of reduced risk of side effects and lesser recovery period, and are considered suitable for patients with multiple tumors. FMI finds that, the usage of the RFA method would surge more than twice over the decade ahead. Microwave ablation (MWA) devices also showcase clinical outcomes identical to RFA, yet, the method exhibits shorter mean ablation versus RFA. While market players continue to reap substantial returns from both these treatment modalities, MWA would see notable rise in its application in the coming years.
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.Click Here To Know How The Growth Will Unfold
Custom Market Research Services
FMI offers custom market research services that help clients to get information on their business scenario required where syndicated solutions are not enough.
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the ablation devices market includes global industry analysis of 2014-2018 and opportunity assessment for 2019-2029, and delivers comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historical as well as current growth parameters of the ablation devices market, growth prospects are obtained with maximum precision.
Ablation Devices Market Taxonomy
The global ablation devices is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
- Bipolar Energy Ablation Devices
- Cryotherapy Ablation Devices
- Hydrothermal Ablation (HTA) Devices
- Thermal Balloon Ablation Devices
- Advanced Ablation Catheters
- Cryoablation Catheters
- Irrigated tip RF Ablation Catheters
- Laser Ablation Catheters
- Standard Ablation Catheters
- Conventional Radiofrequency Ablation Catheters
- MRI Guided Neurosurgical Ablation
- MRI Guided Laser Therapy Systems
- MRI Guided RF Ablation Systems
- MRI Guided Focused Ultrasound Systems
- Automated Robotics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
The report initiates with the executive summary of the ablation devices market, which includes a summary of the key findings and statistics of the market. It also includes market size and revenue distribution of market segments of the ablation devices market.
Readers can find the definition and a detailed segmentation of the ablation devices market in this chapter, which will help them understand the basic information about the market.
This chapter explains the key macroeconomic factors, drivers, restraints, trends and opportunity analysis that are expected to influence growth of the ablation devices market over the forecast period. Moreover, in-depth information about the market dynamics and their impact analysis on the market have been provided in the successive section.
This section includes premium insights such as key promotional strategies, regulations, disease epidemiology and many more. This section helps readers understand the key factors associated with the ablation devices market.
This section explains the global market value analysis and forecast for the ablation devices during the forecast period. This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the historical ablation devices market, along with an opportunity analysis of the future. Readers can also find the absolute $ opportunity for the current year (2019), and an incremental $ opportunity for the forecast period (2019-2029).
Based on product type, the ablation devices market is segmented bipolar energy ablation devices, cryotherapy ablation devices, hydrothermal ablation (HTA) devices, microwave endometrial ablation devices, thermal balloon ablation devices, advanced ablation catheters (cryoablation catheters, irrigated tip RF ablation catheters, and laser ablation catheters), standard ablation catheters (conventional radifrequency ablation catheters), and MRI guided neurosurgical ablation (MRI guided laser therapy systems, MRI guided RF ablation systems, MRI guided focused ultrasound systems, and accessories). In this chapter, readers can find information about the key trends and developments in ablation devices and market attractiveness analysis based on product type.
This chapter provides details about the ablation devices based on technology, and has been classified into lasers, radiofrequency, microwave, ultrasound and others. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractiveness analysis based on technology.
This chapter provides details about the ablation devices based on application, and has been classified into cardiovascular, cancer, urological, ophthalmic and others. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractiveness analysis based on application.
This chapter provides details about the Ablation devices market based on functional, and has been classified into conventional and automated/robotics. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractiveness analysis based on functional.
This chapter provides details about the ablation devices market based on end user, and has been classified into hospitals, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractiveness analysis based on end user.
This chapter explains how the ablation devices market will grow across various geographic regions such as North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of growth of the North America ablation devices market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find the regional trends, and market growth based on the application and countries in North America.
This chapter provides the growth scenario of the ablation devices market in Latin American countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of Latin America. Along with this, assessment of the market across target segments has been provided.
This chapter provides the growth scenario of the ablation devices market in Europe in several countries such as Germany, the U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Russia, BENELUX, and the Rest of Europe are included in this chapter.
This chapter provides the growth scenario of the ablation devices market in South Asia in several countries such as Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, and the Rest of South Asia are included in this chapter.
This chapter highlights the growth of the ablation devices in East Asia by focusing on China, Japan, and South Korea. This section also help readers understand the key factors that are responsible for the growth of the ablation devices market in East Asia.
This chapter highlights the growth of the ablation devices in Oceania. This section also help readers understand the key factors that are responsible for the growth of the ablation devices market in Oceania.
This chapter provides information about how the ablation devices market will grow in major countries in the MEA region such as GCC Countries, South Africa, Northern Africa, Turkey and the Rest of MEA, during the forecast period.
In this chapter, readers can find a comprehensive list of all the prominent stakeholders in the ablation devices market, along with a detailed information about each company, which includes company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are Medtronic, Boston Scientific, and AngioDynamics Inc., among others.
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provides a base to the information and statistics included in the report.
This chapter help readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions as well as important qualitative and quantitative information about the ablation devices market.
How the research was conducted?
- Marketing Directors
- Product Managers
- Business Development Officers
- Production Managers
- Sales Executives
- Industry Experts
- Interventional Cardiologist
- Cardiac Surgeon
- Current Market Dynamics and Challenges
- Yesteryear Trends
- Market Characteristics
- Market Performance and Growth Quadrants
- Strategic Growth Initiatives
- Near-term and long-Term Market Growth Prospects
- Market Segment Splits and Authenticity
- Opinions on Market Projections and Validity of Assumptions
- American Heart Association
- Heart and Stroke Foundation, Canada
- British Heart Foundation
- Company Press Releases
- Annual Reports and Investor Presentations
- Research Papers
- Government Websites and Publications
Primary Interview Splits