This St2 Biomarker market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving St2 Biomarker market.
ST2 Biomarker Market: Introduction
Cardiac biomarkers are the substances that are released into the bloodstream when the heart is stressed or damaged. Suppression of tumorigenicity 2 (ST2) is one such biomarker used to help in measurement of heart failure risk to assess the treatment options. The ST2 biomarker is a member of the interleukin-1 receptor family biomarker. It is a strong predictor and most promising biomarker for both chronic and acute heart failure. ST2 was first discovered in 1989, but in 2002 it was known to be expressed by cardiac cells in response to myocardial stress. Unlike other cardiac biomarkers, the level of ST2 in the blood is found the best to help physicians for making decisions for an appropriate action to take and quickly adjust the treatment. The level of ST2 is quickly changed with the heart conditions of the patients which makes it as a best cardiac biomarker to monitor the progress of the heart treatment. According to the centre for disease control and prevention (CDC), heart disease is the leading cause of death for people in the United States, including African Americans, Hispanics, and whites. Besides, heart disease is found as the second cause of death in American Indians or Alaska Natives and Asians or Pacific Islanders. However, it is observed that more clinicians are now turning to use ST2 biomarker unlike other biomarkers to help and guide treatment of heart failure of patients. Recently, the Presage ST2 assay has been approved by regulatory agencies in Europe and the United States for prognostication in Heart failure. Moreover, due to the low-biological variability, ST2 biomarker considered as an ideal biomarker to monitor heart disease. It helps to monitor the risk of heart failure and guide in hospital and post-discharge care of the heart patients.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
ST2 Biomarker Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing prevalence and incidence of heart diseases drives the ST2 biomarker market. Unlike other biomarkers, ST2 biomarker is considered as an ideal biomarker to monitor heart disease because of the low-biological variability, which drives the market of ST2 biomarker. Nowadays, the rising heart diseases due to physical inactivity and unhealthy diet are the main factors drives the ST2 biomarker market. However, due to unavailability of sufficient systems/products for the detection of ST2 biomarker and lack of awareness about the use of ST2 biomarker among the clinicians expected to restrain the ST2 biomarker market.
ST2 Biomarker Market: Overview
According to WHO, 17.9 Mn people are dying due to cardiovascular diseases each year, which is approximately 31% of all death worldwide. Consequently, as a novel biomarker for the detection of heart diseases the market of ST2 biomarker will expectedly grow tremendously during forecasting periods. The ST2 biomarker detection will provide immense opportunities among the key players to develop novel ST2 biomarker detection kits and devices in the upcoming periods. The rising death rate due to heart diseases expected to grow the market of ST2 biomarker globally. The in time result of ST2 level by the ELISA assay helps physicians to control and manage the heart patients, which is expected to help in the growth of global ST2 biomarker market.
ST2 Biomarker Market: Region-wise Out Look
The U.S. is expected as the leading market of ST2 biomarker due to the increasing prevalence and death of heart disease in this region. The market of ST2 biomarker is high in the U.S. also because of the greater degree of awareness among the individuals and high economy followed by Europe. The high growth of the ST2 biomarker market has also been observed in Asia Pacific countries due to the increasing number of death due to heart diseases and awareness among the people. Prominent growth of ST2 biomarker market has been expected from the emerging countries such as China, India, Brazil and South Africa in the forecast years that will provide a huge opportunity to lunch new product among the market players.
ST2 Biomarker Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key market participants operating in the ST2 biomarker market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Critical Care Diagnostics, Inc., Diagnostic Automation/Cortez Diagnostics, Inc., MyBioSource, Inc., San Diego, CA. Elabscience Biotechnology, Inc. among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- ST2 Biomarker Market Segments
- ST2 Biomarker Market Dynamics
- ST2 Biomarker Market Size
- ST2 Biomarker Supply & Demand
- ST2 Biomarker Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- ST2 Biomarker Competition & Companies Involved
- ST2 Biomarker Technology
- ST2 Biomarker Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan ( Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key St2 Biomarker Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
ST2 Biomarker Market: Segmentation
Based on techniques used, the ST2 biomarker market can be segmented as:
Based on product types, the ST2 biomarker market can be segmented as:
- Presage ST2 Assay Kit
- ASPECT Plus analyzer
Based on disease types, the ST2 biomarker market can be segmented as:
- Chronic Heart Failure
- Acute Heart Failure
- Myocardial Infarction
- Macrophage Activation (Fibrosis)
Based on the end-user, the ST2 biomarker market can be segmented as:
- Cardiology Clinics
- Diagnostic centres
- Pathology Laboratories
- Ambulatory surgical centres
- Home care settings
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from St2 Biomarker Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying St2 Biomarker Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the St2 Biomarker Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the St2 Biomarker Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)