This Pd L1 Biomarker Testing market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pd L1 Biomarker Testing market.
Immunotherapy is one of the most exciting field in the area of cancer research. Immunotherapy has the power to manage immune system, recognize the cancer cell and fight against it. Our immune system has T- cell that fight against diseases, infections including cancer. The cancer cell represents the protein known as PD-L1 protein. The PD-L1 protein binds to the receptor on the T cell. The PD-L1 protein, that is expressed on the cancer cell inactivate the T cell from attacking the cancer cell. The companies are involved in the research and development in the cancer research by inactivating the protein on the cancer cell e.g. the antibody drug candidate blocks the PD-L1 protein on the cancer cell, so that it does not bind to the PD-1 receptor on the T cell. The PD-L1 protein is the important target and mostly studied in cancer research. Governments in developed countries such as the U.S. raise funds for cancer research to aid in the diagnosis and treatment. Clinical trials are also funded by governments to support companies in developing effective therapy for cancer diagnosis and treatment. The companies are advancing research in the field of immunotherapy and is targeting PD-L1/PD-1 pathway to address different immune pathway for cancer research.
The pharmaceutical companies are focusing on development of different receptor ligand interaction for chronic diseases such as cancer, in order to make sure that next-generation drugs be more efficacious. In April 2016, the U.S. Government allocated US$ 5.2 Bn for the National Cancer Institute (NCI), a Federal Government agency, for cancer research and training. The budget increased by 5.3% as compared to the previous year. NCI conducts clinical trials on cancer patients who require repetitive diagnosis to check the prognosis of cancer. The monoclonal antibodies, that blocks the interaction between checkpoint molecules PD-1 on T cells and PD-L1 on cancer cells are into pipeline, clinical trials are on the way ,if approved will act as a driving factor for revenue generation. Research funding from governments and improving reimbursement scenario for cancer therapy would aid the growth of global PD-L1 biomarker testing market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Major growth drivers in this segment are rise in prevalence of cancer, constantly growing list of cancer biomarkers, increasing discretionary funding for cancer research, increased medicare coverage for cancer diagnosis and treatment, research in the field of cancer immunotherapy, insurance coverage and reimbursement issues and others are some of the factors boosting the PD-L1 biomarker testing market, drug candidates have been designated as orphan drug to gain accelerated approval and it also allows the company to benefit from a seven year marketing exclusivity, if approved for the particular indication. The FDA undertakes accelerated approval process to bring these therapies to the market faster and make them available for patients in need. According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) statistics, the global biomarkers market for companion diagnostics is was valued at US$ 5.2 Bn in 2012 and is expected to rake US$ 8.4 Bn by 2016 Also, strict regulations, need huge investment of time and money, invest in expensive clinical utility studies, and there is no guarantee that the product will get coverage, and others are some of the factors restraining the market growth
PD-L1 Biomarker Testing Market: Segmentation
The global PD-L1 Biomarker Testing market has been classified on the basis of product type, application, end user and geography.
PD-L1 Biomarker Testing Market: Overview
The PD-L1 Biomarker Testing market is segment based on assay type, disease indication, end-user and geography. Based on the product type, PD-L1 biomarker testing market is segmented on the basis of PD-L1 IHC 22C3 Assay, PD-L1 IHC 28-8 Assay, PD-L1 (SP142) Assay, PD-L1 (SP263) Assay and others. Maximizing market penetration on install base, strategic partnerships to enhance consumer base are some of the factors expected to drive the growth of the market. Based on the disease indication segment, the PD-L1 Biomarker Testing market is sub-segmented on the basis of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC), Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction (GEJ) Adenocarcinoma, Bladder Cancer and others. On the basis on end user, the PD-L1 Biomarker Testing market is segmented on the basis of hospital associated laboratory, independent diagnostic laboratories, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, cancer research institutes and others
PD-L1 Biomarker Testing Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the global PD-L1 Biomarker Testing market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America is estimated to account for major share due to increased awareness and technological advancements in the U.S., demand for new and advanced diagnostic equipment’s, Kits and others, government initiatives and funding for production of cost-effective monoclonal antibodies in the U.S. Europe is expected to account for second largest market share due to easy approval procedure for diagnostic tests, Significant increase in cancer diagnosis rates in primary care settings in U.K. Germany, France and other European countries. Significant economic development has led to an increase in healthcare availability in Asia Pacific region providing an opportunity for companies to penetrate Asia Pacific regions. Rising investment in cancer research by government is driving market growth, rise in cancer awareness are some if the factors driving growth in Asia Pacific region
PD-L1 Biomarker Testing Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in global PD-L1 Biomarker Testing market are Agilent Technologies, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, AstraZeneca, Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. Genentech Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer Inc. and others
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pd L1 Biomarker Testing Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on Assay Type, the global PD-L1 biomarker testing market is divided into following:
- PD-L1 IHC 22C3 Assay
- PD-L1 IHC 28-8 Assay
- PD-L1 (SP142) Assay
- PD-L1 (SP263) Assay
Based on the disease indication, the global PD-L1 biomarker testing market is divided into following:
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction (GEJ) Adenocarcinoma
- Bladder Cancer
Based on the End User, the global PD-L1 Biomarker Testing market is divided into following:
- Hospital Associated Labs
- Independent Diagnostic Laboratories
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Company
- Cancer Research Institutes
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pd L1 Biomarker Testing Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pd L1 Biomarker Testing Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pd L1 Biomarker Testing Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pd L1 Biomarker Testing Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)