This Steam Turbine For Power Generation market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Steam Turbine For Power Generation market.
Steam turbine is nothing but a mechanical device which extracts thermal energy from pressurized steam and converts it into rotary motion. The three main types of steam turbine include steam cycle, combined cycle and cogeneration. They are further categorized on the basis of the rated capacity. On the basis of exhaust type the steam turbines are mainly classified into condensing steam turbines and non-condensing steam turbines. Condensing steam turbines are widely used due to higher efficiency and their ability to generate more output at a comparatively lower operational cost.
On the basis of application steam turbine for power generation is segmented into coal, biomass, nuclear and others. Coal fired steam turbine is expected to dominate the steam turbine market. This can be attributed to sufficient availability of affordable coal across the globe. Growing environmental concerns is forcing developed countries to move away from coal but this transition is expected to be slow over the forecast period.
Global Steam Turbine for Power Generation Market: Drivers and Restraints
The steam turbine for power generation market is heavily reliant on power generation and transmission industry. Increasing demand for uninterrupted power from developing countries such as China and India is a major driver for steam turbine for power generation market. The global steam turbine for power generation market is projected to grow at a high growth rate amid growing industrial, commercial and residential activities. Thermal capacity addition is rising every year with constantly increasing electricity consumption. Growth in renewable energy market particularly in biomass is another factor driving the demand for steam turbines. Frequent power cuts, blackouts, and load shedding have contributed to the increased demand for steam turbines for power generation. Increase in combined cycle and co-generation operations are expected to propel the growth of steam turbine for power generation market all around the world.
European Union has changed the regulatory policy and put restrictions on the installation of fossil-fuel fired power plants. This could be a major restraint in steam turbine for power generation market. Also, slowing down of new nuclear plants can further hamper the growth of steam turbine for power generation market. The quantity of old or aged power plants is significant all over the world and this could be a good opportunity for steam turbine manufacturers. Whereas, maintaining boiler efficiency and steam quality could be a challenge for them.
Global Steam Turbine for Power Generation Market: Region Wise Outlook
As of 2015, APEJ leads the global Steam Turbine for Power Generation Market, owing to rapid industrialisation and aggressive expansion of manufacturing sector. The demand supply gap in power generation is expected to fuel the growth of steam turbine for power generation market. North America and Eastern Europe, are another prominent markets in terms of rising demand for steam turbines. Countries such as the U.S, Germany, U.K, France and Canada have significant market shares. Middle East, Latin America and Africa are expected to have decent shares and are expected to expand with significant CAGR over the forecast period.
Global Steam Turbine for Power Generation Market: Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the global steam turbine for power generation market identified across the value chain include:
- Alstom SA.
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd.
- Eliott Group
- Shanghai Electric Group Co. Ltd.
- Dongfang Electric Corporation Limited
- Harbin Electric International Company Limited
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Man Diesel & Turbo SE
- Doosan Skoda Power
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Steam Turbine For Power Generation Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Steam Turbine for Power Generation Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the global steam turbine for power generation market can be segmented as:
- Steam Cycle
- Combined Cycle
On the basis of rated capacity, the global steam turbine for power generation market can be segmented as:
- 1-120 Mw
- 121-350 Mw
- 351-750 Mw
- Above 350 Mw
On the basis of exhaust type, the global steam turbine for power generation market can be segmented as:
On the basis of application, the global steam turbine for power generation market can be segmented as:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Steam Turbine For Power Generation Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Steam Turbine For Power Generation Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Steam Turbine For Power Generation Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Steam Turbine For Power Generation Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.