This Surface Drilling Rigs market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Surface Drilling Rigs market.
Surface drilling rigs are exclusively used in quarrying, surface mining, and the construction industry. In order to meet the demands from these sectors, surface drilling rigs are designed in such a way that they can be utilized in tough conditions and hazards areas. Rapid rise of industrialization and flourishing construction and mining activities drive growth of the surface drilling rigs market. Construction and mining industries have seen sluggish growth after the global economy crisis of 2008-2009. After a short while, both industries recovered and saw stabilized growth.
To lay down the bore wells, surface drilling rigs are used in a part of drilling. To lay depth foundations of high raised buildings in construction, small-split holes are needed; surface drilling rigs are used widely in construction sites to drill these holes. Surface drilling rigs are also used for rock cutting and rock blasting in the quarrying industry.
Surface drilling rigs combine the power of mechanical and hydraulic processes for energy transmission while drilling. Drilling is the process of cutting out a circular cross-sectional area in a solid rock or surface. In order to create this hole, hammering action is applied from the top. There are two types of drillings in the mining industry for locating minerals and checking their quality. Production drilling is used to drill large-split holes for the production cycle of minerals. To explore minerals found in the earth, solid rocks need to be cut down by rock blasting. Surface mining can be done in different fragmented sizes, such as with small splits and large production holes. Independent modules are available to optimize the interaction between the downhole drilling system and the subsurface for selected drilling processes.
To deliver constant power and high precision, surface drilling rigs offer two drilling methods, namely top-hammer method, and down-the-hole. The surface top hammer drill offers reliability and high penetration rate in the toughest conditions. The down-the-hole drill, referred to as DTH, is similar to a small jack hammer, and can drill up to 500 feet or 150 meters per day.
APAC holds a relatively large share in the global surface drilling rigs market. This can be attributed to the presence of rapidly growing economies, such as China and India in this region. With a large number of investments and huge infrastructure developments in both, industrial and commercial sectors, the Middle East holds the second spot in terms of market share. Another key contributing factor to this region’s share is rising construction activities in countries, such as Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Also, increased production of iron, copper, and bauxite in the mining industry has boosted demand for these rigs globally. North America and Europe are anticipated to witness prominent growth in the surface drilling rigs market, due to steady growth of the mining industry and rising investments in construction.
Surface Drilling Rigs Market: Key Trends and Drivers
Increasing investment in construction and mining industries is anticipated to be a key driver for this market, since surface drilling rigs find applications in emerging projects. The development of surface drilling rigs with latest advancements in drilling technology is also expected to drive growth of the market. Surface drilling rigs with low operating cost and high fuel economy are expected to witness prominent growth in the coming future. High performance surface drilling rigs are used in the mining industry to meet the demand from production cycles, which in turn is forecasted to drive growth of the market. Drilling rigs with high safety and comfort are key trends identified in this market. The operational cost of surface drilling rigs is high, as compared to other rotary drilling rigs, which acts as a restraint for the market.
Surface Drilling Rigs : Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the surface drilling rigs market, identified across the value chain include Bauer AG, Atlas Copco, Sany Group Co. Ltd., Schramm Inc., and Beijing Sinovo International.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Surface Drilling Rigs Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Surface Drilling Rigs Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of the surface drilling rigs market on the basis of drilling method:
Segmentation of the surface drilling rigs market on the basis of application type:
- Dimension stone industry
Segmentation of the surface drilling rigs market on the basis of hole diameter:
- 27 mm - 90 mm
- 90.01 mm - 153 mm
- 153.01 mm - 216 mm
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Surface Drilling Rigs Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Surface Drilling Rigs Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Surface Drilling Rigs Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Surface Drilling Rigs Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.