This Surgical Site Infections market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Surgical Site Infections market.
Surgical site infections are likely to occur post-surgery in the operated body part. Surgical site infections can also result into superficial infections that include just the skin. Apart from these superficial infections, surgical site infections can also be serious and at times, fatal involving organs, tissues under the skin, or the implanted material. According to the National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance system of the CDC (Centers of Disease Control and Prevention), approximately 27 million surgical procedures take place in the U.S., annually, that account for around 5% surgical site infections. As per the data provided by the NNIS, surgical site infections are reported to be the 3rd most occurring nosocomial infections which are further linked with substantial morbidity, threatening life of a patient, increase in healthcare expenditure, and increase in the number of days in hospitals for patients. Surgical site infections are more likely to be reported 30 days post-surgery without an implant or within one year with the presence of implant. These infections are further classified as either organ/space or incisional infections. Incisional surgical site infections are segmented into deep or superficial infections.
Surgical Site Infections Market: Drivers and Restraints-
Rise in the incidence rates of surgical site infections, development of technologically advanced products, increase in number of surgeries performed globally, and growing geriatric population are expected to be the major factors contributing to the market growth for surgical site infections. Furthermore, improved government policies and strict regulatory scenario for surgical site infections is anticipated to fuel the market growth for surgical site infections during the forecast period. However, lack of awareness on infection control programs because of challenging priorities, limited resources, and other related barriers is expected to obstruct market growth for surgical site infections during the forecast period. Also, poor healthcare infrastructure in most developing region and low healthcare expenditure might hinder market growth for surgical site infections.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Surgical Site Infections Market: Overview
Hospitals are focusing on increasing the use of appropriate antimicrobial agents for surgical site preparation. Stringent policies regarding surgical site safety has enforced the hospitals to adopt adherence to aseptic techniques, both intra-operatively and pre-operatively. As per the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc., Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus accounted for around 50-70% of all healthcare-acquired staph infections. The CDC is highly focused on eliminating surgical site infections and further recommend that all the sites should be well-equipped and protected with sterile dressings within 24-48 hours of surgery. Superficial incisional surgical site infections are expected to contribute high revenue share in the surgical site infections market. Several collaborations and distribution agreements between manufacturers operating in the surgical site infections market are also taking place. For Instance, Johnson & Johnson partnered with the government of Maharashtra in 2018 for health interventions collaboration related to diabetes, infection prevention, menstrual hygiene, and obesity, and support healthcare providers.
Surgical Site Infections Market: Region-wise Outlook
The North America market for surgical site infections in expected to contribute the highest revenue share and is also, expected to dominate during the forecast period owing to the high number of surgeries performed in the region. Surgical site infections are considered to be the most common healthcare-related infection in acute care hospitals among inpatients in the U.S. The rise in need for the prevention of surgical site infections is expected to contribute to the market growth for surgical site infections in the region. As per the data provided by the ECDC (European Center for Disease Prevention and Control), 18,634 infection cases were reported for 2013-2014 in a total of 967,191 surgical procedures conducted in the region. The increase in healthcare expenditure is also expected to boost market growth for the region.
Surgical Site Infections Market: Key Market Participants
Some of the market participants in the Global Surgical Site Infections market identified across the value chain include: B. Braun Melsungen Ag, BD, Stryker Corporation, Medtronic, Surgical Site Infection Prevention LLC, bioMerieux SA, Johnson & Johnson, Steris Corporation, Belimed AG, and Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
The research report on Surgical Site Infections presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report on Surgical Site Infections provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Surgical Site Infections Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Surgical Site Infections Market: Segmentation
On the basis of Product Type, Surgical Site Infections Market can be segmented as:
- Antiseptics And Disinfectants
- Antibiotic Prophylaxis
- Patient-Warming Products
- Wound Care Dressings
- Surgical Drapes
- Wound Irrigation Products
- Wound Care Supplementary Products
- Surgical Staff Clothing
- Wound Irrigation Products
On the basis of Phase, Surgical Site Infections Market can be segmented as:
- Preoperative Phase
- Postoperative Phase
- Intraoperative Phase
On the basis of Infection Type, Surgical Site Infections Market can be segmented as:
- Superficial Incisional Surgical Site Infections
- Organ/Space Surgical Site Infections
- Deep Incisional Surgical Site Infections
On the basis of End User, Surgical Site Infections Market can be segmented as:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
On the basis of geography, Surgical Site Infections Market can be segmented as:
- North- America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia-Pacific excluding China & Japan
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Surgical Site Infections Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Surgical Site Infections Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Surgical Site Infections Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Surgical Site Infections Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)