This Thermoelectric Generator market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Thermoelectric Generator market.
Over the years, increasing concerns over emissions and environmental issues, particularly global warming have resulted in exhaustive research into novel technologies for electrical power generation. Moreover, the increase in demand from industrial sectors and immobile devices has led to a rise in the demand for generators. Thermoelectric generators are solid state devices that help convert heat into electrical energy. As the temperature difference on the sides increases, the performance of a thermoelectric generator also increase. It is assumed that when more heat is enforced through thermo electric legs, their performance increases. Therefore, these generators help minimize heat losses and confine the heat transport through thermoelectric legs.
Thermoelectric generators are generally used as waste heat recovery systems for solar thermoelectric power generators and the automobile industry. In the automotive industry, seventy percent of heat energy released from a car’s engine is lost, generally in the form of heat. Therefore, thermoelectric generators act as a unique solution for this energy loss problem. Similarly, the U.S. manufacturing industry discharges nearly one-third of the energy consumed as thermal losses to the atmosphere or to cooling systems. Frequently, thermoelectric generators are used for low power remote applications or where the use of bulky heat engines is not possible.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Burgeoning demand for waste heat recovery systems, coupled with the rise in global warming is expected to fuel demand for the thermoelectric generator market. Moreover, stringent government regulations and increasing industrial automation across the world are further projected to drive the demand for the thermoelectric generator market during the forecast market.
However, the cost associated to install this system is expected to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period. Additionally, inefficiency to generate high output power is further expected to restrict the growth of the market.
Thermoelectric Generator Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America is estimated to be the primary revenue generating region in the global thermoelectric generator market. The rise in demand for cleaner energy is expected to upsurge the demand for thermoelectric generators in North America. Europe is anticipated to show relatively fast growth over the forecast period. In APAC, India and China are expected to grow at a significant rate, owing to the increase in demand for vehicles, which in turn drives growth of the thermoelectric generator market.
Thermoelectric Generator Market: Trends
Low power thermoelectric generators (100 watt) are generally used for hiking, mountaineering, camping, and as a backup in homes during power cuts, primarily to charge Ipads, phones and lighting devices. Many big manufacturers are investing in R&D to upgrade the technology for high power thermoelectric generators to further improve the efficiency of heat exchangers and deal with the stress of higher temperature gradients. Moreover, current research also focuses on developing thermoelectric generators with lightweight materials. Institutes are working on research study to bring down the cost of thermoelectric generators and increase their efficiency. With the increase in research & development activities, the demand for thermoelectric generators is also expected to increase over the forecast period.
Thermoelectric Generator Market: Segmentation
The thermoelectric generator market can be segmented in a number of ways, of which the more prominent ones are one the basis of industry, source, temperature, and material.
Thermoelectric Generators Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Thermoelectric Generator Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of industry, the thermoelectric generator market can be segmented into:
- Aerospace & Defence
On the basis of source, the thermoelectric generator market can be segmented into:
- Waste Heat Recovery
- Direct Power Generation
- Energy Harvesting
On the basis of temperature, the thermoelectric generator market can be segmented into:
- Less than 75 degree
- 75 to 500 degree
- More than 500 degree
On the basis of material, the thermoelectric generator market can be segmented into:
- Bismuth or Lead Telluride
- Calcium Manganese Oxide
Examples of some of the market participants in the global thermoelectric generator market, identified across the value chain include:
- Komatsu Limited
- Gentherm Inc.
- II-VI Inc.
- Ferrotec Corporation
- Laird PLC
- Yamaha Corporation
- Tellurex Corporation
- Alphabet Energy
- Evident Thermoelectrics
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Thermoelectric Generator Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Thermoelectric Generator Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Thermoelectric Generator Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Thermoelectric Generator Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.