This Two Wheeler Anti Lock Braking System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Two Wheeler Anti Lock Braking System market.
Comprising a hydraulic control unit, master cylinder assembly, power booster, and electronic control units, anti-lock braking systems are gaining popularity as an automobile safety system owing to the improvements it makes to the braking performance.
Rising Safety Concerns and Improvements in Technology to Support the Global Two Wheeler Anti-lock Braking System Market
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
For instance number of anti-lock braking system manufacturers including Bosch, Continental, and Honda are now making use of technological advances such as improved control software that takes tire and suspension dynamics, wheel slip and lateral acceleration into account, wireless accelerometers, and the use of fuzzy logic for improved efficiency.
In addition to this, the growing numbers in two wheeler production is also expected to significantly boost demand in the near future, with approximately 34.2 million units being manufactured by India and China in the fiscal year 2017 alone. This can be attributed to the growing preference for the relative improvements in stability and movement provided by ABS systems. The ABS also provides greater braking and stability in wet and adverse weather conditions making it a preferred choice.
On the other hand, the installation and repair of an anti-lock braking system for a two wheel automobile is fairly on the higher side. Disruption of wheel speed sensors of ABS systems through improper repair work or accident impacts create a risk of false ABS warnings through the ABS computer system resulting in irregular braking function, thereby putting commuters at risk. These can act as major constraining factors for the growth of the two wheeler anti-lock braking system market.
Government Regulations and Production Expansion by Market Players to Push the Asia Pacific Two Wheeler Anti-lock Braking System Market
The two wheeler anti-lock braking system market in the Asia Pacific is anticipated to see a relatively high rate of growth owing to concerns about the rising number of two wheeler accidents in the region and the relatively higher number of two wheeler purchases in comparison to that of four wheelers.
In addition, a number of governments in the Asia Pacific region are making the installation of two wheeler anti-lock braking systems mandatory. For instance, the Indian government has set a deadline for all two wheelers to have an anti-lock braking system installed by the end of March 2019. In a similar move Japan too has made the installation of ABS systems mandatory for all two wheelers above 125 cc starting from October 2018.
This provides original equipment manufacturers in the region a huge lucrative opportunity for growth. In addition, the requirement for retrofitting of anti-lock braking systems for existing and old two wheelers is also anticipated to significantly propel the two wheeler anti-lock braking system market for the years to come.
The lower number of two wheelers in the Americas and across Europe in comparison to the number of four wheelers in these regions are anticipated to result in a slower rate of growth for these two wheeler anti-lock braking systems markets.
On the other hand, new regulations two wheeler braking systems in the United States, to meet the United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard FMVSS 122, which test for dry stops, high speed stops, wet brakes, heat fade, and partial failure.
In addition, The National Transportation Safety Board made the recommendations to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for all new motorcycles built in the U.S. to have anti-lock brakes and electronic stability control, which is also anticipated to boost the market in North America.
Key Two Wheeler Anti-lock Braking System Market Players Emphasize on Technology Improvements and Geographic Expansion
Top two wheeler anti-lock braking system manufacturers such as auto component manufacturing giant Bosch make use of new technology which allow the wheel speed sensors to make detections using a non-contact measurement principle. In addition the usage of intelligent electronic combination brake systems require the rider to apply either the front or the rear brake, and automatically applies the other brake as well, to ensure greater efficiency at lower effort.
Earlier this year, Bosch had also announced its expansion of anti-lock braking systems manufacturing capabilities to India by opening a new plant in the Chakan area of Maharashtra for bikes above 125 cc.
Leading technology company Continental AG has made a huge stride forwards by becoming the first supplier to launch a radar based emergency brake assist system for motorcycles, which is expected to take the two wheeler anti-lock braking systems to the next level.
Players are also emphasizing on providing their products at lower price points to attract more consumers. For instance, Bosch has reduced the price M9 ABS System to lesser than 1000 US$.
Segmentation of the Global Two Wheeler Anti-lock Braking System Market
Two wheeler anti-lock braking systems can be categorized on the terms of number of operating channels and on the basis of the type of sales channel. On the basis of the number of operating channels, two wheeler anti-lock braking systems can be divided into one channel - one sensor, three channel – three sensor, and four channel four sensor systems. On the terms of the sales channel, two wheeler anti-lock braking systems can be divided into original equipment manufacturers and after-market sales.
This extensive report on the two wheeler anti-lock braking system market provides readers with a complete assessment at regional and global levels to find useful insights through relevant and reliable information, which has been supported ably by strong research. The report helps readers gain a greater comprehension about the competitive scenario and lucrative business opportunities for the future.
The report complies first-hand data about the two wheeler anti-lock braking system market on a quality and quantity basis, obtained from prominent industry analysts and experts. Readers will find the complete study of market trends, market attractiveness, and economic factors for a better understanding of the effect each factor will have on the various regional markets and segments.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Two Wheeler Anti Lock Braking System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report has a full assessment of essential factors such as:
- Driving Factors – Vital influencers that create a significant impact on the market scenario.
- Market Segmentation – Breakdown of key segments for an understanding of each area.
- Supply and Demand
- Market Value – The size of the global market
- Trends and Challenges – Trending factors that impact market growth and obstacles that market players might face.
- Technology – The changes in the scope of the market owing to new technologies.
- Competitive Analysis – Strategic activities of key market players
In addition, the report also contains an analysis of the following geographic areas.
- Western Europe two wheeler anti-lock braking system market (Germany, France Italy, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe two wheeler anti-lock braking system market (Poland, Russia)
- North America two wheeler anti-lock braking system market (U.S., Canada)
- South America two wheeler anti-lock braking system market (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) two wheeler anti-lock braking system market (China, India, Australia, New Zealand and ASEAN)
- Japan two wheeler anti-lock braking system market
- Africa and Middle East two wheeler anti-lock braking system market (S. Africa, N. Africa, GCC Countries, and Rest of MEA)
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Two Wheeler Anti Lock Braking System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Two Wheeler Anti Lock Braking System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Two Wheeler Anti Lock Braking System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Two Wheeler Anti Lock Braking System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.