This Ulcerative Colitis Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ulcerative Colitis Treatment market.
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic, inflammatory disease that causes sores and inflammation in the innermost lining of large intestine and rectum. Ulcerative colitis causes ulcers, bleeding, mucus and pus. The disease is difficult to diagnose as its symptoms mimic other intestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The main symptoms of ulcerative colitis include diarrhea, rectal bleeding, belly pain, etc. People with the Jewish heritage have higher incidence of this type of disease. It is a lifetime condition until the large intestine is removed surgically. There are three main surgical procedures for the treatment of ulcerative colitis including ileostomy, ileorectal anastomosis and Ileoanal anastomosis. Ulcerative colitis can affect people very differently. Some patients do not require constant treatment with medicines, while some of them might require multiple surgeries and medicines. Both medications and surgery have been used to treat ulcerative colitis. New surgical techniques that allow many patients to keep the muscular layer of the rectum while removing the rectal lining may boost the market over the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Evolution of the Market
The treatment of colitis depends upon the cause and nature of the disease. Changing of diet helps to reduce symptoms of the disease, but there is no particular cure for some forms of this disease. Medications plays an important role for improving the symptoms of ulcerative colitis. Most of the drugs are used to prevent inflammation in the intestine. Aminosalicylates is used in most cases to reduce the symptoms of ulcerative colitis. Surgeries may be preferred if the medications are not able to control the symptoms. Alternative therapies such as use of herbal and nutritional supplements are also used to cure the disease. Aloe vera gel also shows anti-inflammatory effect for people suffered with ulcerative colitis. Lifestyle factors such as stress and eating certain foods do not cause ulcerative colitis, but may worsen the symptoms.
Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market Assessment by Drug Class
Factor Driving and Restrain Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
The global market for ulcerative colitis treatment is driven by increasing risk of chronic disease associated with long-term disease and higher incidence of disease in the Ashkenazi Jewish descent people. Inherited genes are also important factors in the development of ulcerative colitis. Growing number of incidence with ulcerative colitis is another factor driving the demand for ulcerative colitis treatment across the globe. However, emerging countries of Asia Pacific region do not have major incidence of ulcerative colitis, which restricts the market growth in Asia Pacific region. Technological advancements in surgery of ulcerative colitis treatment is the important factor fueling the growth of the ulcerative colitis treatment market. For instance, an introduction of effective drugs and new treatment therapies can also play important role in curing the disease.
Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Drugs
Some of the commonly used drugs for ulcerative colitis treatments are anti-inflammatory medications containing 5-aminosalicylic acid, which include medications such as mesalazine sulfasalazine, and olsalazine. Corticosteroid medications, such as budesonide and prednisone are also used but due to its side effects these are not usually given for long term. Antibiotics may be prescribed if the infection is present in the colon. Moreover, the awareness towards ulcerative colitis treatment is primarily important factor that leads to strong positioning of the drugs in the overall market.
Penetration of Online Pharmacies
Hospital pharmacies, drug stores, and retail pharmacies pose a strong position in the global market due to the easy availability of prescribed medicines. However, online pharmacies such as e-commerce are also increasing the demand for drugs as there are many offers available on the online platform. Growing penetration of atypical antipsychotic drugs on the online pharmacies will provide a remarkable growth opportunity for the manufacturers in underdeveloped economies. Further, the growing trend of online pharmacies would flourish the growth of atypical antipsychotic.
Regional Market Outlook
Geographically, the global ulcerative colitis treatment market is segmented into seven key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and the Middle East & Africa. Europe will continue to dominate the global market, as the region has maximum number of descends from the Ashkenazi Jewish communities. Asia Pacific is expected to hold lucrative market share in the global ulcerative colitis treatment market due to less incidence of the disease.
Examples of some of the key players identified in the global ulcerative colitis treatment market are Bayer pharmaceuticals Corp, Teva pharmaceuticals USA Inc, Cipla Limited, Sanofi Aventis Pharma India, Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd, Ranbaxy laboratories Inc, Sandoz Inc, etc.
- Vintage pharmaceuticals Inc
- Torrent Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Sandoz Inc
- Hospira Inc
- Ranbaxy laboratories Inc
- Alaven pharmaceutical LLC
- Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Allergan India Pvt. Ltd.
- Bayer pharmaceuticals Corp
- Teva pharmaceuticals USA Inc
- Cipla Limited
- Sanofi Aventis Pharma India
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd,
Key data points covered in report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Ulcerative colitis treatment market by drug class, distribution channel and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East & Africa by drug class, distribution channel and country segments
- Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013–2017
- Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market Size & Forecast 2018–2028
- Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Agents Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
The market sizing of ulcerative colitis treatment will be done by the adoption data triangulation approach. Demand-side approach will be followed to assess the actual market size of ulcerative colitis treatment. Secondary research will be done at the initial phase to identify the age-specific disease epidemiology, diagnosis rate and treatment pattern, as per disease indications. Each piece of information is eventually analysed during the entire research project, which builds a strong base for the primary research information. Each piece of information is eventually analysed during the entire research project, which builds a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side respondents such as key opinion leaders, physicians, surgeons, nursing managers, clinical specialists who provide valuable insights on trends and clinical application of the drugs, key treatment patterns, adoption rate, and compliance rate.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By Drug Class
- Monoclonal Antibodies
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)