As per International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, “Corrosion is an irreversible phenomenon of metals with its environment that result in consumption of the metal or its dissolution into the material of a component of the environment”. Corrosion, with respect to metals, can be explained as surface disintegration of metals or alloys within a specific environment. Some metals showcase a high resistance to corrosion, owing to several factors such as the nature of chemical reaction, chemical constituents and others. Industrially, Corrosion is a vital issue which affects metals and cause directly and indirect economic loss. There are several way to prevent corrosion, such as protective coating, Galvanization, Cathodic Protection and corrosion inhibitors, among others. Among all these methods, volatile corrosion inhibitors are prevalently used as a method for temporary metal protection.
Volatile corrosion inhibitor is a type of corrosion inhibitor which is used to ferrous or non-ferrous metals. Volatile corrosion inhibitors is a unique corrosion protection method wherein the organic or inorganic chemical compound that protect the metal surface disperse out and condensed on the metal surface to make it less susceptible to corrosion. Generally, volatile corrosion inhibitors method is used where surface protective treatment is appeared inefficient. The volatile corrosion inhibitors are preferred in offshore drilling, storage tank, automotive underbodies, naval vessels, petrochemical and chemical, among other industry.
Global Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors Market Dynamics:
Across the globe, growth of corrosion Volatile corrosion inhibitor market is being propelled by rapid growth of various end-use industries such as automotive, marine and packaging, among others. For instance, automobile production in BRIC countries is expected to increase at a CAGR of 7% to 9% over the forecast period. Moreover, significant growth for volatile corrosion inhibitors in packaging application will drive the market over the forecast period. This is mainly attributed to improving economy, rising adoption of VCI based packaging, growth of manufacturing industries and low raw material prices, among others. However, the marine industry, particularly the shipbuilding sector, is anticipated to experience a slowdown over the forecast period due to various economic factors worldwide and thus, would lower demand for volatile corrosion inhibitors market over the forecast period.
Global Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of consumption and production, Asia Pacific dominates the global volatile corrosion inhibitors market. This is mainly attributed to significant growth of construction, electronic and automotive industry in Asia Pacific Region, especially China and India. Moreover, owing to the low labor cost, less stringent environmental regulations and cheap manufacturing costs, volatile corrosion inhibitors manufacturers are focusing on strategic investments in the China and India that in turn provide impetus for the growth of volatile corrosion inhibitors market. Moreover, china volatile corrosion inhibitors market is expected to register healthy growth over the forecast period. However, Corrosion protective coatings such as those based on solvent-borne technology, emit high levels of VOC during the drying process. Implantation of stringent regulations regarding VOC emissions across Europe and North America regions is expected to adversely affect volatile corrosion inhibitors market growth to a major extent. North America followed by Europe volatile corrosion inhibitors market are expected to register slow growth over the forecast period. Middle East & Africa and Latin America volatile corrosion inhibitors markets are projected to grow steadily over the forecast period.
Global Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global volatile corrosion inhibitors market include
- Protective Packaging Corporation
- ZAVENIR DAUBERT INDIA PVT LTD
- BRANOpac GmbH
- Metpro Group
- Cortec Corporation
- Armor Protective Packaging India Pvt Ltd
- JOHOKU CHEMICAL CO.,LTD
- Chem-Verse Consultants (India) Pvt. Ltd, among others
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors
- Market Dynamics of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors
- Market Size of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors
- Supply & Demand of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors
- Competition & Companies involved of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors
- Technology of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors
- Value Chain of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors
Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors Market Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with rotary dryer market attractiveness as per segments. The Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors Market: Segmentation
On the basis of material type, global volatile corrosion inhibitors market is bifurcated into;
- VCI petroleum-based
- VCI latex
- VCI solvent-based
On the basis of substrate type, global volatile corrosion inhibitors market is bifurcated into;
On the basis of end use, global volatile corrosion inhibitors market is bifurcated into;
- Oil & Gas
- Mining & Metallurgy
Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors parent market
- Changing Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments pertaining to Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors market
- Competitive landscape of Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors growth
- A neutral perspective on Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors market performance
- Must-have information for Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.