This Ac Mitigation System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ac Mitigation System market.
The pipeline transportation system continues to be one of the safest options for transporting large quantities of gas, oil, chemical and water. Oil and gas production across the globe is increasing rapidly and a significant amount of the total produce is transported through pipelines. In many situations, these pipelines are installed in areas where they share some parallelism with above-the-ground high voltage transmission lines. This can lead to the emergence of a conductive interface between the pipeline and above-the-ground transmission systems. These days, there is greater awareness among pipeline transportation regulators regarding the adverse conditions that can arise between the buried pipelines and above-the-ground high voltage AC transmission systems. This is anticipated to drive the demand for AC mitigation systems in near future.
AC mitigation systems are designed to reduce the voltage on the pipeline. This is generally achieved by using different techniques, such as grounding rods in the pipelines with decouplers for isolation. The effect of this conductive interference can be seen in areas where the pipelines are fairly close to the overhead transmission systems. The demand for AC mitigation systems is also driven by increasing expenditure on the transmission and distribution infrastructure in many developing countries across the globe. Moreover, increasing oil demand around the world is anticipated to increase the demand for pipeline transportation systems in the coming years. This is anticipated to simultaneously promote the growth of the AC mitigation system market over the coming years. However, remote and harsh geographical terrains, sometimes, pose challenges to the installation of AC mitigation systems, which may somehow derail the anticipated growth of the AC mitigation systems market over the assessment period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Reason for Covering this Title
The overall AC mitigation system market is all set to witness positive prospects in numerous developing and developed countries whose primary focus is expanding their transmission and distribution infrastructure in the coming years. Moreover, with increasing demand for oil across the globe, the demand for oil transportation systems is anticipated to ramp up significantly, which is anticipated to increase the demand for pipeline transportation in the coming tears. This is one of the prime reasons which is expected to increase the demand for AC mitigation systems, subsequently creating ample opportunities for the manufacturers to give a boost to their revenue stream.
Increase in energy consumption is anticipated to drive the demand for reliable pipeline connectivity, simultaneously creating ample opportunities for the growth of the market.
The world energy use is anticipated to increase rapidly in the coming years. According to the U.S. energy information administration, the world energy consumption is anticipated to increase by nearly 28% by 2040. Most of this growth is expected to come from countries which do not come under the economic cooperation and development (OECD) as well as countries where the demand is driven by economic growth, particularly Asia. Non-OECD countries in Asia, including China and India, are anticipated to account for a significant share of in the world’s increase in the energy consumption. As a result of the increase in energy use, the demand for oil and gas is expected to boost up in the coming years. Owing to this increase in the energy consumption, the demand for reliable and secure pipeline connectivity is slated to ramp up over the assessment period. This is one of the prime reasons which is expected to supplement the growth of the market over the assessment period.
Stringent government regulations for improving pipeline safety are anticipated to ramp up the demand for AC mitigation services
Governments of numerous countries are focusing on upgrading critical safety regulations to enhance the safety of natural gas transmission pipelines. With this increasing pipeline safety criteria, pipeline owners are becoming aware of the conductive interference in pipes and effects associated with it. Owing to this, the demand for AC mitigation services is expected to increase in the coming years, which will further create opportunities for the augmentation of the market during the assessment period.
Global AC Mitigation System Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global AC mitigation system market are MATCOR, Inc., Mears Group, Inc., Chapman Engineering, Inc., Elsyca NV, Corrpro Companies, Inc., SAE Inc., Bass Engineering, APS Materials, Inc., BSS Technologies, Cathtect (PTY) Ltd., MESA, Dawood Engineering, Inc., CCE Group, EIU, Inc., Vecor Group and C&S Lease Service, LC., among others.
- In 2015, Matcor Inc. was acquired by Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services (Brand). The company also owns CP Masters, Inc. which is one of the prominent players in the designing and construction of cathodic protection and corrosion control in the North America energy markets
- In 2014, Elsyca NV launched its new simulation product for the AC interference and mitigation services module
Opportunities for Market Participants
Shale gas production is anticipated to increase in the U.S. in the coming years. This is anticipated to increase the demand for AC mitigation systems in the coming years. Moreover, Middle East and Africa region is anticipated to create ample opportunities for the manufacturers to expand their business activities owing to the anticipated growth of North African countries in terms of oil and gas production. Furthermore, economies of the ASEAN region are also growing at a significant rate owing to the increase in natural gas production in these countries. This is anticipated to boost the opportunities for key manufacturers in the region over the coming years.
The global AC mitigation system market is segmented into the following regions -- North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South East Asia-Pacific, China, Japan, India and the Middle East and Africa. Middle East and Africa are anticipated to create ample growth opportunities in the global AC mitigation system market. This can be attributed primarily to the excessive oil production in the region. Moreover, numerous ASEAN countries are significantly contributing to natural gas production in the global scenario. This is expected to significantly increase the demand for reliable and safe piping transportation systems, which is expected to further supplement the growth of the market in the coming years. Furthermore, increase in the shale gas production in the U.S. is expected to promote the growth of the market over the assessment period.
Brief Approach to Research
FMI will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, product type and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by a demand-side analysis to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. A detailed analysis of the parent market including all the electrical insulation systems is done and conclusions are derived from that to reach a market size of the AC mitigation systems market. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the AC Mitigation System market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the AC Mitigation System market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Technology Roadmap involved from inception period to present date
- Detailed value chain analysis of the AC Mitigation System market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the global AC Mitigation System market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major AC Mitigation System Market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario in the global AC Mitigation System market
- Analysis of the global AC Mitigation System market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key AC Mitigation System market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of top players in the AC Mitigation System market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ac Mitigation System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Product Definition and Segmentation
AC mitigation systems generally consist of a bare copper cable and zinc ribbon or engineered systems which are connected and installed generally parallel to the pipe path and connected through a pipeline. Moreover, in few specific applications, deep drilled ground wells also offer another form of AC mitigation. This type of AC mitigation systems consist of one or more anodes drilled vertically inside the ground with an objective of achieving low ground resistance. The AC mitigation Services market can be segmented on the basis of following criteria:
- Deep Grounding AC mitigation
- Surface Grounding AC mitigation
On the basis of the grounding material used:
- Zinc Ribbon or Wire
- Copper Wire
- Zinc over Steel Wire
- Steel over Copper Wire
- Steel Wire
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Ac Mitigation System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Ac Mitigation System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Ac Mitigation System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Ac Mitigation System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.