This Anti Obesity Therapeutics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Anti Obesity Therapeutics market.
Obesity is a condition of being very fat and overweight. Anti-obesity therapeutics are referred as the treatment that reduces and control the body weight. The obesity is rising due to the lack of physical activities, improper or lack of sleep, high calorie diet, and fast food and heredity history of the person. The ideal anti-obesity therapeutics follows mechanisms that regulate energy balance which have substantial built-in-redundancy and overlap with other physiological functions of the body.
In the past decade, numerous anti-obesity therapeutic drugs approved such as Knoll and Acomplia (rimonabant) and few drugs are also removed from the market due to its side effects such as cardiovascular diseases, depression and psychological disorders.
In the current lifestyle, being slim and fit has become the trend. The rising concern of being overweight and obese resulted in the risk of many chronic diseases, cardiovascular diseases and cancer, leads to the need of cure and prevention of obesity which augments the market growth of the anti-obesity therapeutics.
Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global anti-obesity therapeutics market is projected to grow at a significant CAGR over a forecast period. The rising prevalence of the obesity due to the rapidly changing lifestyle is the leading factor increasing the demand of the anti-obesity therapeutics and drives the global anti-obesity therapeutics market. The Increasing consumption of the fast food and lack of exercise in the population leads to the obesity and related disorders, propel the demand of the anti-obesity therapeutics and drives the growth of the global anti-obesity therapeutics market. The increasing focus and expenditure on research and development activities to enhance the anti-obesity therapeutic effectiveness and to reduce the side effects of the drugs also augment the demand of the anti-obesity therapeutics market.
However, the side effects of the anti-obesity therapeutics such as psychiatric disorder as well as strokes may hamper the demand of the anti-obesity therapeutics and restrain the growth of the global anti-obesity therapeutics market. The negative perception about the anti-obesity therapeutics among the health professionals due to its side effects may hinder the demand of the anti-obesity therapeutics and restrain the growth of the global anti-obesity therapeutics market.
Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market: Regional Overview
The global anti-obesity therapeutics market is segmented into the seven regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). The North America is dominating and contributed the leading shares to the global anti-obesity therapeutics market in terms of revenue and volume as the one third of the population of North America facing the obesity and related disorders. The Western Europe is also contributed the significant shares to the global anti-obesity therapeutics market in terms of revenue due to increasing awareness about the obesity and related issues. The APEJ is the most lucrative market for the anti-obesity therapeutics as the rapidly changing lifestyle and eating habits resulted in the obesity and expected to register a moderate growth rate over a forecast period. The MEA and Latin America are at a nascent stage of the global anti-obesity therapeutics market and anticipated to show a healthy growth in the global anti-obesity therapeutics market over a forecast period. Overall, the global anti-obesity therapeutics market is expected to register a significant CAGR over a forecast period.
Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market: Key Players
The key players of the global anti-obesity therapeutics market are Becton, Dickinson And Company, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Johnson & Johnson Inc., Medtronic Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis International AG, Novo Nordisk A/S, Pfizer Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Sanofi SA.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Anti Obesity Therapeutics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market: Segmentation
The global anti-obesity therapeutics marketis classified on the basis of mechanism of drugs and the approved drugs.
Based on mechanism of drugs, the global anti-obesity therapeutics marketis segmented into the following:
- Centrally acting anti-obesity drugs
- Peripherally acting anti-obesity drugs
Based on approved drugs, the global anti-obesity therapeutics marketis segmented into the following:
- Buproprion and naltrexone (Contrave)
- Orlistat (Xenical)
- Lorcaserin (Belviq)
- Phentermine and topiramate (Qsymia)
- Liraglutide (Saxenda)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Anti Obesity Therapeutics Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Anti Obesity Therapeutics Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Anti Obesity Therapeutics Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Anti Obesity Therapeutics Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)