This Automotive Additives market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Additives market.
An automotive additive is a chemical matter which when added to fuel or oil in a small quantity improves the quality of the fuel or the oil. The automotive additive can be a fuel additive or an oil additive. Fuel additives increase the octane rating of the fuel. Fuel additives can also act as lubricants and can also help in preventing corrosion, thus increasing the efficiency of the automobile. Thus, fuel additives decrease the problems related to stumbling or weak acceleration. Oil additives are compounds that help in increasing the efficiency of base oil. Nearly all the commercially available Motor oils contain additives. These oil additives are highly essential for proper lubrication of the motor. Automotive additives can be in the form of liquid or powder.
The Automotive Additives Market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR during the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The demand for fuel efficiency is increasing gradually. This can be achieved by adding automotive additives to the fuel. Also, now people prefer high segment cars instead of low segment cars. Hence, the demand for automotive additives is also increasing due to the requirement of lightweight materials in an automobile, to achieve fuel efficiency. According to Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) regulations, emissions need to be decreased, and lightweight materials are to be used in vehicles. This factor is also expected to drive the growth of Automotive Additives Market in the forecast period.Due to growing concern about comfort, durability, quality, safety and color, demand is increasing in the interior application of the Automotive Additives Market. With the increase in the electrification of the cars, Automotive Additives Market is expected to growth at a fast pace.
Volatility in prices of additives, the high price of the oil and fuel automotive additives and the engine downsizing trend going on in the automobile industries, are the factors that are expected to affect the growth of Automotive Additives Market.
Automotive Additives Market: Market Segmentation
Automotive Additives Market can be segmented by Plastic, by Plastic Additives, by Vehicle type, by Automotive Application, or by region.
Automotive Additives Market: Regional Outlook
In the forecast period, Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow and become the largest market for automotive additives by the end of the year 2017. The reason behind this is that the Asia-Pacific region is the hub for the production of passenger cars and electric automobiles. The fastest growing segment in the Automotive Additives market is expected to be Polypropylene Plastic. This is because the use of Polypropylene Plastic has increased in the automobile industry. This growth is expected to occur in all the regions- North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World, but majorly in China, US, and Japan. As the use of plastics is increasing, Interior Application Market of Automotive Additives Market is expected to have the greatest market share. The use of plastics is increasing in the automobile industry due to the emission regulations and laws for the use of lightweight materials in vehicles led by the government.
Automotive Additives Market: Key Players
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Additives Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyurethane (PUR)
- Poly-Vinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
By Plastic Additives
By Vehicle Type
- Passenger Car
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Electric Vehicle
By Automotive Application
- Under the Hood
- Electronics & Electrical
- North America
Some of the major players in the Automotive Additives Market are:-
- Akzo Nobel N.V. (Netherlands)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Covestro AG (Germany)
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
- Evonik Industries
- ExxonMobil Corporation (U.S.)
- Kaneka Corporation
- PolyOne Corporation
- Sabic (Saudi Arabia)
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Additives Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Additives Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Additives Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Additives Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.