This Automotive Crankcase Additives market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Crankcase Additives market.
Internal combustion engines are the primary power generating apparatus housed in an automobile. These engines run largely on four stroke principle, which makes it possible for lubricants to be accommodated in the sealed crankcase, wherein it is agitated continuously by the rotating crankshaft. Automotive crankcase additives are active chemical substances infused in the crankcase oil in order to achieve various desirable advantages from the engine, including, but not limited to improved performance, engine efficiency, emission control, control of contaminants and improve overall lubricating properties of the engine oil. Two stroke engines, which are largely being phased out, also utilize the potential of automotive crankcase additives but its chemical composition differs slightly from the four stroke engine crankcase additives as the substances are directly mixed into the fuel within the crankcase. The prices of the automotive crankcase additives were not affected much owing to the decrease in oil prices since the latter half of 2014, proving that the market of automotive crankcase additives is growing strong in the automotive industry. The prices of the raw materials required to synthesize automotive crankcase additives is on par and consistent without much fluctuations, offering healthy prospects and less hindrances in the growth of the market.
Automotive Crankcase Additives Market Dynamics
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Automotive Crankcase Additives Market: Segmentation
Automotive Crankcase AdditivesMarket can be segmented as follows;
Automotive Crankcase Additives Market: Regional Outlook
In Asia Pacific region, the number of vehicles produced per year in China and India are higher than the numbers attained by major manufacturers in the Western Europe and North America regions. Vehicle production in these countries is steadily growing on a yearly basis. This factor along with large number of two wheelers in the Asiatic region contribute positively to the automotive crankcase additives market and is expected to expand even further in the upcoming years.
Automotive Crankcase Additives Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Crankcase Additives Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By vehicle type, the automotive crankcase additives market can be segmented as:
- Passenger cars
- Light Commercial vehicles
- Heavy Commercial vehicles
- Two Wheelers
By engine type, the automotive crankcase additives market can be segmented as:
- Petrol Engines
- Diesel Engines
- Others (Natural Gas, etc.)
By product type, the automotive crankcase additives market can be segmented as:
- Friction Modifiers
- Detergent Additives
- Rust Inhibitors
- Pour Point Depressants
- Viscosity Index Improvers (VII)
- Anti-Foam Agents
- Anti-Misting Agents
- Anti-wear Additives
- De-waxing Agents
- Extreme Pressure (EP) Additives
- Others (Emulsifiers, etc.)
Examples of some of the major players in the Global Automotive Crankcase Additives market, identified across the value chain include:
- ABRO Industries, Inc.
- Chemtura Corporation
- Afton Chemical Corporation
- Evonik Industries AG
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Chevron Corporation
- Croda International Plc
- The Armor All/STP Products Company
- Brenntag Holding GmbH
- Royal Dutch Shell plc
- ENI SpA
- BRB International
- Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC
- Petroleum Chemicals, LLC
- BASF SE
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Crankcase Additives Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Crankcase Additives Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Crankcase Additives Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Crankcase Additives Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.