Automotive Cylinder Liner Market - Key Research Findings
- The global automotive cylinder liner market size in 2019 is ~US$ 4 Bn.
- The automotive cylinder liner market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of ~4 % over the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Use of automotive cylinder liner in light duty vehicles is likely to result in increased market share during the forecast period.
- In countries, such as India, China, France, U.K., and Spain, the growing production of passenger cars is resulting in significant growth of the automotive cylinder liner market. The APEJ region generates high demand for agriculture equipment as well as construction equipment, which is expected to scale up the automotive cylinder liner market.
- Increasing use of LCVs is likely to help the global automotive cylinder liner market witness high growth during the forecast period.
- Cast iron is the most preferred material for automotive cylinder liner, mainly because of its low cost and reduced weight. Additionally, hybrid liner technology serves better functionality and is being majorly adopted by manufacturers.
- Prominent value and volume share of the automotive cylinder liner market is predicted to be hold by Asia Pacific excluding Japan.
- Middle East & Africa (MEA) is projected to show high growth in terms of value in the global market.
- Key market players as well as OEMs are expanding their product offerings by investing in research and development. To counter various situations, manufacturers are focussing on improving the durability by using hybrid materials. Through acquisitions and collaborations, big companies are entering into local markets to further improve the business.
Factors Determining the Global Automotive Cylinder Liner Market
Cost Effective and High-Quality Products are Driving the Automotive Cylinder Liner Market
Growth in the sales of LCVs, specifically in North America, is a key factor boosting the automotive cylinder liner market. High demand of heavy trucks and construction equipment has resulted in increased sales of heavy duty vehicles, thereby potentially raising the demand for automotive cylinder liners. New materials are developed to enhance the durability and efficiency of engine,which are more efficient than the traditionally ones used in cylinder liners.
Regional players in Asia Pacific countries, specifically India and China, make cylinder liners a significant product. In addition to that, growing economies in the region makes the market an attractive one for manufacturers. However, with rising environmental concerns, there has been an upsurge in the electric vehicle sales, representing a potential threat to the automotive cylinder liner market growth.
Growing Industrialization in Developing Economies
Increasing industrialization, urbanization, and economic growth in developing countries is boosting the demand for automobiles, which, in turn is accelerating the demand for automotive cylinder liners. Consumers in these countries have high amount of disposable income, which allow them to invest in the automotive industry. There is strong foothold of oil & gas and construction sectors in Middle Eastern countries.
Thus, the region has been witnessing a strong demand of automobiles for transportation purpose, which is boosting the demand for automotive cylinder liners and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
Automotive Cylinder Liner Market Structure Analysis
- The global automotive cylinder liner market is a fragmented market where tier-1 players account for ~20% of the overall market share.
- By offering technologically advanced product lineup, tier-1 players are acquiring a firm hold in the automotive cylinder liner market.
- Mahle GmbH, GKN PLC, NIPPON PISTON RING Co., Ltd., Federal-Mogul LLC, TPR Co., Ltd., ZYNP Corporation, Liners India Limited, Melling Cylinder Sleeves, Darton International, Inc., India Pistons Ltd. and Cooper Corp are some of the participants in the global automotive cylinder market.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Automotive cylinder Liner Market: Taxonomy
- Light Duty
- Heavy duty
- Dry Liner
- Wet Liner
- Cast Iron
- Aluminium Alloys
- Diesel Engine
- Gasoline Engine
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe