This Automotive Glass market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Glass market.
Automotive glasses are the aesthetics driven structures of a vehicle serving the purpose of protecting the occupants from the harsh exterior environment, aid in the circulation of fresh air whenever required, allow passage of natural light into the compartment, prevent the accumulation of heat in the interior space of the vehicle and improve the overall visual aspect of a vehicle. Passenger safety being one of the most important facets considered when designing a vehicle, puts a special emphasis on the designing of automotive glass as well. Hence, automotive glasses are designed in such a way that it contributes minimal weight to the vehicle, withstand high external forces, minimize the drag induced on the vehicle and remain shatterproof in the unlikely event of being struck by external or internal agents. Both Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Aftersales Manufacturers play important roles in the growth of automotive glass market. Aftersales Manufacturers enjoy an improved growth as far as distribution segment is concerned owing to increased replacements being witnessed due to frequent damage of the automotive glass.
Automotive Glass Market: Dynamics
Automotive glasses serve as an integral part of a vehicle and will continue to remain so in the future. Continuous innovations in the practical usage of automotive glass and implementation of smart glass is expected to fuel the growth of the automotive glass market. The spreading out of automotive glass market not only depends on the yearly production of vehicles worldwide, but also on the number of glass replacements carried out on the existing vehicle parc. The average cost of a typical automotive glass plummeted in the 2008 financial crisis solely due to the reduced production of vehicles, but since then has improved considerably leading to a healthy and improved market value of automotive glass. Higher disposable income, increased preference of consumers towards safety, luxury & comfort and changing lifestyle have made automobiles more of a necessity than a hard to reach luxury product, thereby directly influencing as a healthy prospect for the growth of the automotive glass market.
Automotive Glass Market: Regional Outlook
Automotive glass market from the perspective of worldwide sales can be segmented into seven geographical regions such as Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and Middle East & Africa. In terms of vehicle production, China emerged as one of the global leaders registering more than double the output than the next country, the U.S., prompting steady growth in the automobile glass market in both Asia Pacific and North America regions. Japan comes after the U.S. in terms of the number of vehicles produced per year further fuelling the market growth. The prospects of market growth in the Western Europe region is also expected to be fruitful, thanks to the improved vehicle production in Germany, France and Spain. The sales of automobiles in the Eastern Europe and Middle East & Africa region have considerably increased due to cheap vehicle prices and higher disposable wealth paving a way for better prospects of the automobile glass market.
Automotive Glass Market: Participants
Some of the examples of the participants involved in the Global Automotive Glass Market are:
- Dura Automotive Systems
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
- Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- Xinyi Glass Holdings Ltd.
- Shenzhen Benson Automobile Glass Co., Ltd.
- Central Glass Co., Ltd.
- Glas Trösch Holding AG
- LKQ Corporation
- Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Gentex Corporation
- Magna International Inc.
- Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V.
- Guardian Industries Corporation
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Glass Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Glass Market: Segmentation
Automotive GlassMarket can be segmented by vehicle type, sales channel, glass type and application.
By vehicle type, automotive glass market can be segmented as:
- Passenger Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
By sales channel, automotive glass market can be segmented as:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
By glass type, automotive glass market can be segmented as:
- Laminated Glass
- Tempered Glass
By application, automotive glass market can be segmented as:
- Back Glass
- Door Glass (Side Window)
- Quarter Glass
- Vent Glass
- Back Glass
- Moon Roof
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Glass Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Glass Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Glass Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Glass Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.