This Automotive Ignition Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Ignition Systems market.
An ignition system is a fuel-air mixture ignition system by generating a spark or by heating an electrode to a high temperature in spark ignition internal combustion engines. Automotive and automobile are the largest applications of ignition systems. The purpose of an ignition system is to generate a very high voltage from the battery of a car and send it to each sparkplug in turn, igniting the fuel-air mixture in the combustion chambers of the engine. The coil produces high voltage which is an electromagnetic device that converts the low-tension (LT) current from the battery to high-tension (HT) current when the distributor contact-breaker points open. The automotive ignition systems control the spark and timing of the spark plug firing to match the varying engine requirement and it increases battery voltage to a point where it will overcome the resistance offered by the spark plug gap and fire the plug.
Automotive Ignition Systems Market: Drivers & Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Automotive Ignition Systems Market: Segmentation
The global automotive ignition systems market is classified on the basis of product type, ignition system component and region.
Automotive Ignition Systems Market: Overview
An automotive ignition system has a primary and a secondary electrical circuits. The distributor is the controller in an automotive ignition system which switches the primary current on and off and distributes the current to the appropriate spark plug whenever needed. Electronic ignition systems do not need distributor maintenance as often as conventional point-type ignition systems.
Automotive Ignition Systems Market: Region wise Overview
Geographically, global automotive ignition systems market is classified into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, Middle East and Africa (MEA).In APEJ, South Korea, India and China are major markets for automobiles and have a substantial share in the global ignition system market. Western Europe being an established market for automotive ignition systems and having the presence of significant manufacturers globally and the region is projected to register steady growth rates during the forecast period.
Automotive Ignition Systems Market: Key Players
The key research institutes in global automotive ignition systems market are DENSO, Delphi Automotive LLP, Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty Ltd, CEP Technologies Corporation, Diamond Electric Mfg. Corp, AUTO-LEK (P) Ltd., Wells Vehicle Electronics, RAE to name a few. The internal combustion engine is an important machine which has evolved in terms of efficiency from several decades. The automakers are involved in the manufacturing of internal combustion engines cause lesser pollution and are reliable machines.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, accessories and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Ignition Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on product type, the global automotive ignition systems market is segmented into the following:
- Conventional breaker point type ignition system
- Electronic ignition systems
- Distributorless ignition system
Based on ignition system component, the global automotive ignition systems market is segmented into the following:
- Primary ignition system
- Ignition switch
- Coil primary windings
- Distributor contact points
- Ignition resistor
- Starter relay
- Electronic ignition systems
- Secondary ignition system
- Coil secondary windings
- Distributor cap
- Plug wires
- Spark plugs
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Rest Of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa and Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Ignition Systems Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Ignition Systems Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Ignition Systems Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Ignition Systems Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.