This Automotive Rear View Mirror market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Rear View Mirror market.
The main function of automotive rear view mirror is to give the driver a clear vision of all the objects to the side or rear of the vehicle. In order to ensure safety, manufacturers are focussing on novel technologies for the development of innovative automotive rear view mirrors. For instance, a recently launched rear view mirror incorporates a rear camera, where the whole display mirror is converted into a video display that provides a panoramic view of the objects behind the vehicle.
Significant efforts have been made by automobile and component manufacturers to reduce aerodynamics drag, noise and vibration. However, less attention has been drawn for the refinement of performance of automobile side rear view mirror, especially mirror vibration. Rear view mirrors are used in four wheelers as well as two wheelers. In the case of four wheelers, two types of rear view mirrors are used; windshield rear view mirrors and side view mirrors. In California, the law states that the vehicle should have two rear view mirrors to ensure the safety of passengers inside the vehicle.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The growing demand for safety systems coupled with increase in number of vehicles is expected to fuel the demand for global automotive rear view mirror market. Moreover, standards and laws pertaining to automotive rear view mirrors are further upsurge the demand for automotive rear view mirror market during the forecast period. However, smart mirrors, which increases the cost of the vehicle can act as a challenge for the growth of automotive rear view mirror market.
Global Automotive Rear View Mirror Market: Restraints
With the advancement in technology, concept cars are coming with camera installed instead of mirrors. Cameras possess numerous advantages over traditional automotive rear view mirrors and help improve safety. This leap in technology is projected to restrict the growth of the global automotive rear view mirror market.
Japan is expected to be the first country, which allows camera instead of mirror. Later on, European legislations will also permit this technology to reach stores by 2019. The luxury car manufacturers are estimated to adopt this technology in their upcoming models owing to the higher cost associated with cameras, as compared to traditional automotive rear view mirrors.
Global Automotive Rear View Mirror Market: Trend
Nowadays, electronic rear view mirrors are replacing traditional rear view mirrors in the form of display and camera. This smart automotive rear view mirror integrates driving recorder, electronic speed detection alerting, GPS, ADAS, navigation system, entertainment, gesture recognition and voice operation. Various manufacturers are investing in smart mirror technology to capture market share.
Smart mirrors also incorporate the functions of auto dimming, electric control, memory and heating. These functions of automotive rear view mirrors are primarily assembled in luxury and mid-range vehicles.
Global Automotive Rear View Mirror Market: Segmentation
Global Automotive Rear View Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Rear View Mirror Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of position, the global automotive rear view mirror can be segmented into:
- Side rear view mirror
- Windshield rear view mirror
On the basis of vehicle type, the global automotive rear view mirror can be segmented into:
- Passenger Car
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Two Wheeler
Some of the examples of the market participants in the global automotive rear view mirror market identified across the value chain include:
- Magna International Inc.
- Gentex Corporation
- Ichikoh Industries Ltd.
- Ficosa Internacional SA
- Samvardhana Motherson Reflectec
- SL Corporation
- Lumax Automotive Systems Ltd
- Burco Inc.
- Flabeg Automotive Holding GmbH
- Murakami Corporation
- Valeo SA
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
Detailed overview of parent market
Changing market dynamics in the industry
In-depth market segmentation
Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
Recent industry trends and developments
Strategies of key players and products offered
Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
A neutral perspective on market performance
Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Rear View Mirror Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Rear View Mirror Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Rear View Mirror Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Rear View Mirror Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.