This Automotive Underbody Coatings market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Underbody Coatings market.
Automotive Underbody Coatings Market: Introduction
Automotive underbody coatings are applied on the underside of vehicles to provide a protective layer of protection between vehicle’s underside and damaging forces such as moisture, corrosion, stone chip damage and weather resistance. Automotive underbody coatings are generally applied on areas such as wheel arches, inside wing panels and the undercarriage of the vehicle. They provide a barrier between the metal component and its outside environment; hence, protecting the vehicle from damage and improving its vehicle life. Automotive underbody coatings not only provide corrosion and damage protection but also offer easy maintenance and reduce noise and vibrations. Some of the desired properties of automotive underbody coatings include good adhesion, fast drying, tough, flexible and corrosion protection. Automotive underbody coatings may be solvent-based or water-based. The global automotive underbody coatings market is set to witness significant growth over the forecast period, driven by numerous factors such as increased overall vehicle demand, aging vehicles and environmental concerns.
Automotive Underbody Coatings Market: Dynamics
The global automotive underbody coatings market is directly dependent to automotive production and vehicle parc. Despite unstable economic conditions in the market in the recent past, automotive production across the globe has witnessed steady growth, owing to the increasing demand for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. The growing automotive production is, therefore, expected to drive the global automotive underbody coatings market. Further, the aftersales segment of the automotive underbody coatings market is expected to benefit from the rapid increasing vehicle parc and aging of vehicles. The market is also expected to benefit from the increasing consumer preference and awareness regarding automotive underbody coatings as they enhance vehicle durability and prevent corrosion. On the other hand, fluctuating prices of raw materials such as resins, pigments and other additives are expected to hinder the growth of the globe automotive underbody coatings market.
Increasing environmental concerns and stringent regulations are expected to drive innovation in the global automotive underbody coatings market. Automotive underbody coating manufacturers are emphasizing on the development of coatings with reduced VOC value. Hence, water-based automotive underbody coatings are expected to gain traction in the market in the near future, owing to their low VOC content and environment-friendly characteristics.
Automotive Underbody Coatings Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is estimated to be the dominant region in the global automotive underbody coatings market. The rapidly growing automotive industry in developing countries such as India, China and ASEAN in the Asia Pacific region is expected to propel the automotive underbody coatings market with a significant rate. Increasing demand for light commercial vehicles and passenger cars in North America and Europe respectively is expected to project significant growth opportunities for the automotive underbody coatings market in the near future. Furthermore, stringent environmental regulations in North America and Europe are expected to augment the demand for water-based automotive underbody coatings in the near future. The positive economic outlook and favorable political scenario in Latin America is driving investment in the automotive industry in the region, which in turn is set to induce the demand for automotive underbody coatings in the region. The Middle East & Africa region, backed by the growing construction and oil & gas industries, is set to drive the growth of the global automotive underbody coatings market.
Automotive Underbody Coatings Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants operating in the global automotive underbody coatings market are as follows:
- AkzoNobel NV
- Henkel Corporation
- Sika AG
- Mallard Creek Polymers
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Henry Company
- Covestro AG
- Daubert Chemical Company
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Underbody Coatings Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Underbody Coatings Market: Segmentation
On the basis of end use, the global automotive underbody coatings market can be segmented as:
- Aftersales Market
On the basis of coating type, the global automotive underbody coatings market can be segmented as:
- Water Based
On the basis of coating method, the global automotive underbody coatings market can be segmented as:
- Spray applied
- Brush applied
On the basis of vehicle type, the global automotive underbody coatings market can be segmented as:
- Passenger cars
- Commercial Vehicles
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Underbody Coatings Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Underbody Coatings Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Underbody Coatings Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Underbody Coatings Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.