This Beta Alanine market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Beta Alanine market.
Beta-Alanine Market Outlook
Beta-alanine, also known as 3-amino propionic acid, is a non-essential amino acid that is available in the powder form. Beta-alanine is naturally found in foods such as poultry, meat, and fish. Beta-alanine is used by the muscles to synthesize carnosine, which helps to maintain the muscular pH during strenuous exercise. Beta-alanine has application in various industries such as dietary supplement, food, pharmaceutical, animal feed, etc. Beta-alanine provides several benefits such as reduces glycation, delays fatigue, improves endurance, increases carnosine levels in the muscles for a prolonged period, speeds recovery from an intense workout and improves athletic performance.
Increase in Health and Fitness Trends Boosts the Demand for Beta-Alanine.
The increase in the elderly population is anticipated to serve as a driver for the beta-alanine market. As age increases, there is a loss of skeletal muscle mass and muscle function. The elderly population may have less carnosine concentration as compared to the youth population. Therefore, the elderly population is expected to incline towards the use of beta-alanine supplements to maintain the carnosine levels and to improve muscle strength. Thus, the global increase in the elderly population is anticipated to serve as a driver for the beta-alanine market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
In recent years, health and fitness trends have increased all across the world. The increase in awareness and the millennial population is anticipated to serve as drivers for the increase in the demand for supplements. As the fitness trend increases, the demand for beta-alanine supplements is estimated to increase as it helps in speedy recovery after the workout, improves strength, boosts muscular endurance, etc. Beta-alanine also helps in healthy aging because it increases the carnosine levels. Some studies have indicated that carnosine delays cellular senescence, and is responsible for the anti-aging effects. Thus, the increase in health-awareness, benefits of beta-alanine, and the rise in health and fitness trends are estimated to have a positive impact on beta-alanine market.
Beta-alanine is naturally found in animal-based foods and thus, the manufacturers are developing vegan Beta-Alanine to attract vegetarian consumers. A scientific study has shown that vegetarians have around 50% or less amount of carnosine in the muscle tissue, and thus, the consumption of vegan beta-alanine is a suitable option for vegetarians to increase the carnosine levels and to improve muscle endurance.
The increase in the vegan population is estimated to increase the demand for beta-alanine. In 2017, the demand for meat-free food had increased by 987% and is projected to be a major food trend in 2018. Beta-alanine is found in meat products, and thus, as the consumer inclination towards the use of animal products decreases, the demand for vegan beta-alanine is anticipated to increase to fulfill the nutritional requirement of the body. Therefore, the increase in the vegan population is expected to increase the sales of beta-alanine.
Beta-Alanine Market: Regional Analysis
The demand for beta-alanine is anticipated to grow at a high rate in the Asia Pacific. India and China have a huge population of around 2.73 crores and account for about 36.3% of the global population. Also, India and China are listed among the top 5 countries that have the largest youth population in the world. In recent years, the increase in awareness has brought a shift in the lifestyle of the consumers in the Asia Pacific region. The fitness trends among the millennia’s in Asia Pacific region is increasing the demand for dietary supplements. Thus, the increase in health-awareness, huge population and increase in fitness trends are anticipated to have a positive impact on the beta-alanine market.
Beta-Alanine Market: Key Participants
Some of the key market players in the Beta-Alanine market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Zibo Haolong Biotechnology Co., Ltd
- NOW Foods
- Wuhan Microsen Technology Co., Ltd
- Natural Alternatives International, Inc.
- NutraBlend Foods
- ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc
- Shandong Yangcheng Biotech Co., Ltd
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the beta-alanine market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as grade, end-use, and sales channel.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Beta-Alanine Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to beta-alanine market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in beta-alanine market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of beta-alanine
- Value Chain Analysis of the beta-alanine market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Beta Alanine Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Beta-Alanine Market Segmentation
The beta-alanine market can be segmented on the basis of grade, end-use and sales channel:
On the basis of the grade, the beta-alanine can be segmented as:
- Food Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Others (Feed Grade, etc.)
On the basis of end-use, the beta-alanine market can be segmented as:
- Dietary Supplement Industry
- Food Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Others (e.g. Cosmetic and Personal Care industry, Animal Feed Industry, etc.)
On the basis of the sales channel, the beta-alanine market can be segmented as:
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retailers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the beta-alanine market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the beta-alanine market
- Competitive landscape of the beta-alanine market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on beta-alanine market performance
- Must-have information for beta-alanine market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Beta Alanine Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Beta Alanine Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Beta Alanine Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Beta Alanine Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)