This Pharmaceutical Lactose market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pharmaceutical Lactose market.
Market Outlook for the Pharmaceutical Lactose Market
Pharmaceutical lactose is a clear, colorless, inert, and highly-pure form of lactose which is used in the pharmaceutical industry. Lactose is a naturally-occurring compound in the milk of mammals in the form of simple sugar or carbohydrates, also called as milk sugar. Pharmaceutical lactose is derived during the whey concentration process of bovine milk. Pharmaceutical lactose depending on the temperature used during production, could be either monohydrate crystalline or anhydrous crystalline. Pharmaceutical lactose has been used widely as an excipient in the formulation of tablets and capsules in the pharmaceutical industry since the 1900s. Pharmaceutical lactose can be used for both dry and wet granulation processes. Most widely-used pharmaceutical lactose in the pharmaceutical formulation is crystalline α-lactose monohydrate.
Pharmaceutical Lactose Market: GRAS Status and the Acceptance from Government Bodies
The demand for pharmaceutical lactose is driven mainly by the growing pharmaceutical industry. With an increase in population and usage of pharmaceuticals in developing economies, the pharmaceutical industry is growing at a rapid rate. With an increase in the pharmaceutical industry, pharmaceutical ingredients are in high demand.
The approval from several government organizations for the use of pharmaceutical lactose in the formulation of capsules, tablets, dry powders, and inhalers due to the chemical and physical stability of the lactose is another main driver for the market. Pharmaceutical lactose has GRAS status and is included in the FDA Inactive Ingredient Database. Moreover, pharmaceutical lactose is included in the non-parenteral and parenteral medicines licensed in the UK. Due to these acceptations from the FDA and the UK Government, the use of pharmaceutical lactose is likely to increase.
Pharmaceutical lactose is an all-natural product which has low hygroscopicity, water solubility, compatibility with active ingredients and other excipients, bland taste, as well as excellent physical and chemical stability. These properties of pharmaceutical lactose make it an excellent choice for the pharmaceutical manufacturer.
The use of pharmaceutical lactose in the pharmaceuticals is mainly restrained due to the origin of the product when considering the vegan customers, as the product is mainly derived from bovine milk. The market for pharmaceutical lactose is threatened by other available excipients that are made from plant-based ingredients. Most common pharmaceutical excipients are starch, cellulose, and alginates.
Global Pharmaceutical Lactose Market: Key players
Merck KGaA, Meggle AG, Kerry Inc., Amor Pharma, BASF SE, DFE Pharma, Davisco Foods International, The Lactose Company of New Zealand Limited, AIP Pharmaceuticals, Norvatis AG, Bayer AG, ALPAVIT, Abbott Laboratories, etc. are some of the key players in the global pharmaceutical lactose market.
Global Pharmaceutical Lactose Market: Key Developments
On March 6, 2018, Kerry Biofunctional Ingredients, Inc. announced that the company will acquire the Pharmaceutical Lactose business of Foremost Farms USA Cooperative based in Wisconsin with the strategy to compete in the pharmaceutical business by combining the manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceutical products under one ownership.
On July 2014, Agropur Dairy Cooperative Canada’s largest dairy company announced that it has successfully acquired Davisco Foods International, a US-based cheese and dairy ingredients company. With this acquisition, the company is aiming to expand its business in the US dairy industry.
Global Pharmaceutical Lactose Market: Opportunity
The pharmaceutical lactose market is expected to have tremendous opportunity owing to the increased demand from the growing population in the Asian countries such as China and India. Moreover, healthcare expenditure is increasing because of a rise in GDP and per capita consumption of these countries. Also, due to the rapidly increasing pharmaceutical industrialization in developing economies such as Brazil, China, India, Thailand, and Ethiopia, the market for pharmaceutical lactose industry is expected to show an increment. Currently, the European region is likely to occupy a major share of the pharmaceutical lactose market while the Asia Pacific region is expected to show good growth rate in the pharmaceutical lactose market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the pharmaceutical lactose market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Pharmaceutical Lactose Market Segments
- Pharmaceutical Lactose Market Dynamics
- Pharmaceutical Lactose Market Size
- Pharmaceutical Lactose Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Pharmaceutical Lactose Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Pharmaceutical Lactose Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Pharmaceutical Lactose
- Value Chain Analysis of the Pharmaceutical Lactose Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pharmaceutical Lactose Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Pharmaceutical Lactose Market: Segmentation
Pharmaceutical lactose market segmentation by product type:
- Crystalline Monohydrate Lactose
- Inhalation Lactose
- Granulated Lactose
- Spray-dried Lactose
Pharmaceutical lactose market segmentation by application:
- Filling Agents
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the pharmaceutical lactose market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the pharmaceutical lactose market
- Competitive landscape of the pharmaceutical lactose market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on pharmaceutical lactose market performance
- Must-have information for pharmaceutical lactose market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pharmaceutical Lactose Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pharmaceutical Lactose Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pharmaceutical Lactose Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pharmaceutical Lactose Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)