This Biosurfactants market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Biosurfactants market.
Bio-surfactants market growth is majorly impacted by the trends of the bio-surfactants market that help them progress towards future developments. The need for bio-surfactants in diverse application end-use segments has caused the bio-surfactants providers to focus on the developments and trends of the bio-surfactants market. The demand growth reflected by the American market has attracted the sight of various players in the bio-surfactants market. A major market contributor and a specialty chemical company, Croda International has stepped in to leverage the lucrative American region by investing in the market for the production of bio-surfactants. With these non-ionic bio-surfactants the company is all set to offer their customers excellent alternatives of renewable and performance-efficient bio-surfactants in the formulations, in place of traditionally used petro-chemical based ingredients.
Bio-surfactants, for their effectiveness owing to less toxicity, a green reputation, and for them being bio-based, is giving the bio-surfactants market players more scope for business expansion and growth. Moreover, the new formulations of products containing bio-surfactants used in the household and industrial sectors for the purpose of washing would help reduce the environmental impact, thereby opening up growth opportunities for the player in the bio-surfactants market for a sustainable and environment-friendly future.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Bio-surfactants Market: Introduction
Surfactants are amphiphilic organic compounds which contain hydrophilic groups that act heads and hydrophobic groups that act as tails. Surfactants are added to lower the surface tension of liquids for them to mix with the chemicals. Bio-surfactants and microbes are involved in the production, physiology and genetic regulation of bio-surfactant production. Bio-surfactants have at least one group (hydrophobic or hydrophilic) that is usually obtained from plants. They are excellent emulsifiers that maintain foaming and wetting properties, which paves the way for bio-surfactants to find applications in the cosmetics industry, detergents, oil & gas industry, etc. Growing demand for green solutions across the globe, coupled with regulations regarding the usage of synthetic surfactants, is expected to propel the demand of bio-surfactants during the forecast period.
Bio-surfactants Market: Dynamics
Stringent regulations governing the use of bio-based products as compared to petroleum-based products is expected to fuel the bio-surfactants market in North America and Europe.
Rhamnolipids fall under the glycolipids segment. Glycolipids are used as cleaning agents in a wide variety of applications such as in industrial cleaners, shampoos and soaps. By product type, the rhamnolipids sub-segment is expected to grow at a significant rate owing to its increasing application for cleaning in the downstream oil & gas industry coupled with hydrocarbon improvement. Rhamnolipids are ideal for cleaning oil stains.
Based on applications, the household detergents segment is expected to hold a significant share of the global bio-surfactants market during the forecast period, which can be attributed to the superior foaming property exhibited by bio-surfactants as compared to synthetic detergents available in the market coupled with the growing usage of bio-surfactants, owing to which toxicity has been minimized. In the oil industry, bio-surfactants are widely used nowadays owing to their stable chemical nature and excellent cleaning ability. In food sector, these surfactants are used as emulsifying, thickening and stabilizing agents. The demand for using ingredients that are naturally sourced as food additives is growing. Thus, owing to the wide application of bio-surfactants, their demand is expected to increase during the forecast period.
However, high raw material cost, cost associated with product purification, lower productivity and high production cost as compared to other synthetic detergents available in the market are some factors that are expected to act as restrains for the bio-surfactants market during the forecast period.
Bio-surfactants Market: Regional Outlook
North America and Europe are expected to witness a surge in the demand for bio-surfactants during the forecast period, which can be attributed to the growing awareness among individuals/customers to protect the atmosphere form hazardous chemicals. This is boosting the bio-surfactants market in these regions.
Asia Pacific is expected to hold a significant share of the bio-surfactants market as well as witness growth during the forecast period owing to a large presence of end use industries such as textiles, agricultural industries and personal care, among others, coupled with low manufacturing base in China.
The consumption of bio-surfactants is expected to increase at a significant rate in Latin America and Middle East & Africa (MEA) regions during the forecast period owing to the growing textile, food processing and oil industries in these regions.
Bio-surfactants Market: Key Participants
Examples of some of the key participants in the global bio-surfactants market are:
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Croda International Plc
- BASF SE
- Urumqi Unite Bio-Technology Co., Ltd.
- Sun Products Corporation
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Evonik Industries AG
- Soliance, S.A.
- Jeneil Biotech
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers industrial analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- South East Asia & Pacific (ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative & quantitative assessment by industry analysts, as well as inputs from industry experts & industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Biosurfactants Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Bio-surfactants Market: Segmentation
By product type, the bio-surfactants market can be segmented as:
- Phospholipids and Fatty Acids
- Lipopeptides and Lipoproteins
- Particulate Bio-surfactants
- Polymeric Bio-surfactants
By application, the bio-surfactants market can be segmented as:
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Household Detergents
- Food Processing
- Oilfield Chemicals
- Personal Care
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Biosurfactants Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Biosurfactants Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Biosurfactants Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Biosurfactants Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.