This Bisphosphonates market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Bisphosphonates market.
Bone resorption and bone formation takes place continuously in the body and is a balanced process, but when there is imbalance in this process the bones get dissolved by the osteoclasts and start losing calcium. This eventually leads to osteoporosis and other conditions like hypercalcemia as the calcium mixed in the blood. Bisphosphonates prevent bone damage and are used for bone strengthening and hardening. Bisphosphonates are group of drugs having high affinity for the bone tissue and are widely used for treatment of bone related diseases like osteoporosis, myeloma and bone metastasis. With the rising incidence rate of myeloma and geriatric population the Bisphosphonates market is expected to show healthy growth during the forecast period.
The Bisphosphonates market is mainly driven by the incidence and prevalence rate of bone diseases. The expansion in geriatric population is the major driver for the bisphosphonates market. Ageing people start losing bone density and may suffer from fractures therefore bisphosphonate treatment becomes necessary for such patients. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2013 survey, nearly 14.1% of the U.S. population was aged above 65 years and is increasing rapidly. Another significant factor favorable for the growth of bisphosphonates market is the escalation in the number of women in the post-menopausal stage, who suffer from the weakening bones. The total number of women attaining menopause is estimated to cross 1 bn. by 2025, according to the International Menopause Society the number of menopausal women is higher in the developing. Incidence rate of cancers like myeloma which cause loss of bone density. Bisphosphonates are also used for therapy in the patients suffering from breast cancer and prostate cancer. However bisphosphonate treatment has some restraints, bisphosphonates cause some side-effects like upset stomach and inflammation, erosion of esophagus and arterial fibrillation among some women. This along with the presence of alternative therapies may hinder the growth of the bisphosphonates market.
With the increasing geriatric population and bone related injuries the overall market for bisphosphonates is increasing very rapidly. Moreover significant increase in the healthcare spending will boost the bisphosphonates market during the forecast period.
Geographically the bisphosphonates market is segmented into five key regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and MEA region.
North America and Europe are currently leading in the bisphosphonates market due to high per capita healthcare spending and high incidence of myeloma in this regions. APAC is expected to show the highest growth rate in the bisphosphonate market due to the high prevalence and incidence of osteoporosis cases and large number of post-menopausal women. APAC region will show tremendous growth in the bisphosphonates market during the forecast period followed by Latin America mainly due to the increased healthcare spending by the governments for the development of health of women. MEA will also follow up with Latin America owing to the suitable demographics required for the growth of the bisphosphonates market.
Some major companies in the bisphosphonates market are Merck, Sanofi-Aventis, Roche, Novartis, Proctor & Gamble and Pfizer
- Bisphosphonates Market Segments
- Bisphosphonates Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Bisphosphonates Treatment Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Bisphosphonates Treatment Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Bisphosphonates Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Bisphosphonates Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The Global bisphosphonates market is segmented on the basis of route of administration, therapeutic areas and region
Segmentation based on mode of delivery
Segmentation based on therapeutic areas
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Degenerative bone diseases
Segmentation by Application
Segmentation by Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Bisphosphonates Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Bisphosphonates Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Bisphosphonates Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Bisphosphonates Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)