Blood ketone test meter estimates the presence of ketones in the blood. Ketones are substances that the human body makes when cells don't get enough glucose; which is the human body's primary requirement. Ketones are otherwise called Ketone bodies (blood), beta-hydroxybutyric corrosive, serum ketones and acetoacetate. Ketone are usually available in blood or urine. Increased ketone level may demonstrate diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA), a complication of diabetes that can prompt coma or even death. A ketone blood test is used by patients to avoid any medical crisis. Individuals additionally use ketone testing as an approach to test whether their body is separating fat. Higher ketone levels indicate probability of weight reduction. For diabetic patients injecting insulin commonly have high ketone levels which is ought to be viewed as possibly unsafe. Blood ketone test meter is generally used to check for diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) in patients with type 1 diabetes.
Increasing Awareness About Diabetic Care and Rise in Obese Population Boosting Demand for Blood Ketone Test Meters
The growth in the blood ketone test meter market is characterized by the increasing prevalence of ketone level and diabetes. Growing geriatric population and rise in the obese population, are some of the significant driving factors in an ever-increasing number of consumers for blood ketone test meters. Technological advancements in test meter kits, increasing awareness about diabetic care in people, and favorable health insurance and reimbursement scenario are further boosting the demand in blood ketone test meter market.
The high cost and poor reimbursements for blood ketone test meters and supplies are expected to restrain the growth of the ketone test meter market. For example, in developing countries, like China and India, patients can bear the costs of blood ketone test meters and testing strips and hence blood ketone test meter market in these countries is expected to grow in the near future. Whereas in developed countries, like, Canada and some European countries there is a restriction on the number of testing strips provided per patient per year depending on the treatment plan of the patient; which in terms is a threat to the growth of the ketone test meter market.
Blood Ketone Test Meter Market Key Players
- Bayer AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Bruno Pharma
- ForaCare Inc.
- Gluco RX
- Ketonix AB
- Medamonitor, LLC
- Ketosource Ltd.
- BAYER KETOSTIX
Blood Ketone Test Meter Market Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America is capturing the substantial market share in the blood ketone test meter market owing to increasing geriatric population and increasing awareness in this region.
In North America, healthcare organizations, hospitals as well as individuals are showing a high interest in the integration of wireless connectivity and the point of care devices. Thus, the need for robust/ easy to handle blood ketone test meters is increasing in this region. Also, large scale adoption of electronic and advanced health instruments is ultimately contributing to the growth of the blood ketone test meter market in the region. Thus, North America has witnessed high growth in the field of the blood ketone test meter market. Also, in the Asia Pacific Excluding Japan the countries such as India, China, and others are expected to witness high growth in the field of blood ketone test meter market owing to rise in awareness of upgraded technologies, rapidly developing healthcare industry, and increasing expenditure on the healthcare.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Blood Ketone Test Meter Market Segments
- Blood Ketone Test Meter Market Dynamics
- Blood Ketone Test Meter Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in Blood Ketone Test Meter Market
- Competition & Companies Involved in Blood Ketone Test Meter Market
- Blood Ketone Test Meter Market Value Chain
- Blood Ketone Test Meter Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Blood Ketone Test Meter Market Segmentation
The blood ketone test meter market is segmented by product, testing site, patient care setting, application, and region.
Blood Ketone Test Meter Market, by Produc
- Self-Monitoring Blood Ketone Meter
- Blood ketone meters
- Testing strips
- Lancets & Lancing Devices
- Continuous ketone Monitoring Systems
Blood Ketone Test Meter Market, by Testing Site
- Fingertip testing
- Alternate Site Testing
Blood Ketone Test Meter Market, by Patient Care Setting
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.