This Bronchitis Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Bronchitis Treatment market.
The chronic bronchitis is defined as the inflammation of the bronchi that lasts for more than 3 months for consecutive 2 years. The bronchi are the tubes which carry air in to the lungs. The major symptom of bronchitis is persistent cough associated with mucus expectoration, headache, nasal congestion, sore throat and fatigue. Risk factors for bronchitis include irritants, chemicals, air pollution and smoke. There are mainly two types of bronchitis–acute (short term) and chronic (long term). Acute bronchitis is mainly caused due to viral infection and last for around 10 to 15 days. The first line of treatment for acute bronchitis is symptomatic treatment, however, if the symptoms persists, antimicrobial therapy is advised. Mostly antibacterial such as clarithromycin or azithromycin are administered.
The treatment for chronic bronchitis includes bronchodilators and steroids. The bronchodilators such as albuterol (Ventolin, Proventil, Vospire, ProAir), metaporterenol (Alupent), formoterol and salmeterol, helps in relaxation of the smooth muscles of the bronchi which helps in expansion of the inner wall for better airway passage. Moreover, certain steroids are used such as prednisone, methylprednisolone that help in reducing the inflammation consequently helping in reduction of mucus secretion. Sometimes antibiotics are administered especially when there is an exacerbation of chronic bronchitis caused as a result of bacterial infection. Furthermore, PDE4 inhibitors are also being tested for their use in treatment of chronic bronchitis. For instance, Arcapta Neohaler received a FDA approval from Novartis
Bronchitis Treatment Market: Drivers and Restraints
Bronchitis treatment market is driven by sedentary lifestyle, addiction to cigarette smoke and chemical pollutants. Guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO), stringent regulations to pollutant emission control, adherence to various international protocol such as Montreal Protocol and World Bank– Millennium Development Goal is expected to boost overall bronchitis treatment market.
Bronchitis Treatment Market: Overview
Significant increase in respiratory disorders along with alarming rise in chemical pollutants is expected to drive the demand for effective bronchitis treatment. The market is expected to witness healthy growth during the forecast period.
Bronchitis Treatment Market: Region- wise Outlook
The global Bronchitis Treatment Market is expected to register significant CAGR during the forecast period. Depending on geographic regions, global Bronchitis Treatment Market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East & Africa
North America dominates the global Bronchitis Treatment Market due to good awareness of healthcare in people and having good health care setup. Europe occupies second place in this market with its new regulations in the major economies. Asia Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth and is expected to gain significant market share over the forecast period.
Bronchitis Treatment Market: Key Players
Major players of this market include
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Sanofi Aventis
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Bronchitis Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Bronchitis Treatment Market: Segmentation
Bronchitis Treatment Market further segmented into following types
- Oxygen therapy
By Class of Drugs:
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs
By End User
- Drug stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Bronchitis Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Bronchitis Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Bronchitis Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Bronchitis Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)