This Butter and Margarine market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Butter and Margarine market.
Butter and Margarine are vital ingredients of confectionery items. Over the years, butter and margarine have become necessities in every household, owing to nutritional value and the rise in demand for convenience food. While butter is a dairy product, margarine is a non-dairy product capable of substituting it in the global market.
Although there is a difference in the taste and properties, their substituting nature is a boost for the industry. Consumers who aren’t buoyant enough to purchase butter from the market can make a switch to margarine since it’s cheap and serve the same purpose of enriching the tastes as butter.
Butter and Margarine Market Driven by Increase in Disposable Income
The significant growth witnessed in the butter and margarine market is due to the rise in consumers' disposable income globally. The increase in income has improved the purchasing power of consumers globally, and this will facilitate the growth in butter and margarine supply in the global market. Also, change in consumers’ lifestyle is another force driving the industry forward. Consumers’ often go for food products that require little time for preparation to save time after an hectic day. Butter and margarine are convenient food products since they can be consumed anywhere at any time. For instance, individuals with tight schedules at their office can take butter or margarine along with them to working place to apply on bread or any other food product for consumption.
Increasing Application in End User Sector
Butter is used to produce a variety of food products such as cake, biscuits, cookies, macaroons, and other confectionery items. And this has affected the market positively with the rise in demand for confectionery products among consumers.
Butter and Margarine Market Restraints
The global butter and margarine market is threatened by the increase in health awareness programs regarding the side effects of the consumption of margarine, and the rise in obesity. This factor is expected to restrain the butter and margarine global market. However, consumers might be shifting towards the consumption of butter, but due to its high cost, consumers will have to shun the market. And this will cause the market to decline in growth.
Furthermore, government stringent regulations such as licensing, labeling, and many others on manufacturing and marketing of food products like butter and margarine are projected to hamper the growth of the industry. Also, the rise in obesity among consumers’ has a negative impact on growth of the market over the foreseeable period.
Butter and Margarine Market: Regional Analysis
Europe and North America regions dominate the global butter and margarine market in terms of total revenue and are projected to continue with this pace because of the rise in consumption of baked items, which are processed with butter and margarine among consumers. Europe remains the largest consumer of margarine followed by North America, Asia Pacific, South America, and Africa.
The Asia Pacific will witness remarkable growth in the butter and margarine market over the foreseeable period with India and China acting as drivers. Individuals in China and India are expected to increase the demand for food products processed from butter and margarine due to the rise in per capita income. The Middle East is a small market and is expected to register a moderate growth over the forecast period.
Butter and Margarine Market: Competitive Landscape
- Arla Foods
- Farmers Cooperative Creamery
- Deam Foods Company
- OJSC Creative Group
- Kraft Foods
- AMUL India
- Friesland Campina.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. Research report provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Butter and Margarine Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Butter and Margarine Market Segment Analysis
The global butter and margarine market can be segmented on the following basis:
- Traditional margarine
- Liquid margarine
By Distribution Channel
- Food Service
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Butter and Margarine Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Butter and Margarine Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Butter and Margarine Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Butter and Margarine Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)