This Chloroform market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Chloroform market.
Global Chloroform Market: Introduction
Chloroform is one of the most extensively used solvent for organic compounds, and is identified as a trichloromethane and is insoluble in water. In term of physical properties, chloroform is colorless, volatile and has a strong and pleasant odor. Chloroform is used as a reagent or solvent in laboratories and extensively used as an intermediate for the manufacturing of fluorocarbons and refrigerants.
Chloroform was used widely as an anesthetic but due to its carcinogenic effect the chemical was debarred and discontinued as an anesthetic in most healthcare sectors but is still used for production of some pharmaceuticals and in some dental procedures. However, chloroform is used for long preservation of organic tissues in bio-labs, such as different specimens, as it prevents them from decaying. It is also used as in fire extinguishers as a heat transfer medium where it brings down the freezing temperature of carbon-tetrachloride. Direct exposure to chloroform through breathing, drinking, eating or touching is harmful and can lead to damaged liver, kidney, brain, heart and bone marrow. Chloroform exposure include respiratory depression, pneumonitis and pulmonary edema.
Chloroform also find application in construction and paper manufacturing purposes. It is also used as a pesticide and in film production, is used as solvent for lacquers, floor polishes, fats, oils, rubber, and among others. Chloroform is used in manufacturing of Fluorocarbon-22 (F22), a refrigerant which is used in a heat pump in multiple mechanical-chemical process.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Chloroform Market: Dynamics
Global Chloroform Market: Driver
Nowadays, pharmaceutical and medicine sector has witnessed significant growth owing to the penetration of advanced technologies in the pharmaceutical sector. Further, chloroform has superior properties, it finds wide range of applications in extraction of antibiotics, vitamins, and flavors, etc. Attributing to these factors, the global chloroform market is expected to grow with a healthy growth rate over the forecast period.
Increasing population has resulted in the high demand for food and agriculture products which is expected to drive chloroform demand from the agrochemicals sector rapidly. Growing agrochemical industry leads the production of pesticide and insecticides, which in turn to drive the global chloroform market by end of forecast period.
Global Chloroform Market: Restraints
The government have regulated the usage of chloroform owing to its negative impact on environment, such as, ozone depleting effects. This factor is estimated to hamper the growth of global chloroform market. Chloroform is classified as a very toxic compound and it is banned in various countries due to its hazardous properties.
Chloroform is listed under the various regulations such as Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) such as Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and others. Thus, increased stringent environmental regulations on the chloroform, projected to hinder the market growth
Global Chloroform Market: Regional Outlook
North America, Asia-Pacific and Europe are expected to be leading regions in the global chloroform market. Countries such as U.S., UK, Germany, and Spain among others are expected to be prominent in terms of consumption of chloroform owing to the increasing pharmaceutical and medicine production. Increasing ageing population in countries such as Japan is expected to increase the demand for medicines and medical treatment which is expected to drive the Chloroform market over forecast period.
Furthermore, increased healthcare spending in European countries such as Germany, UK, France, etc. is anticipated to fuel the Europe chloroform market by end of forecast period
Global Chloroform Market: Key participants
Chloroform Market Participants are: Productos Aditivos, BASF SE, Solvay S.A, Dow Chemical Company, Arihant Chemicals, Ineos, Tokuyama Corporation, Shin-Etsu Chemical Corporation, and Akzonobel among others.
The Chloroform Market report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand Scenario
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in Chloroform market
- Competition & Companies involved in Chloroform market
- Technology used in Chloroform Market
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes,
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The Chloroform Market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Chloroform Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Chloroform Market: Segmentation
Global Market of Chloroform can be segmented by: Grade
- Technical Grade
- Alcohol Stabilized Grade
- Fluorocarbon Grade
Global Market of Chloroform can be segmented by: Application
- Other (Dyes, Disinfectant)
Global Market of Chloroform can be segmented by: End Use
- Chemical Industry
- Other( Paper)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Chloroform Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Chloroform Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Chloroform Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Chloroform Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.