This Demulsifier market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Demulsifier market.
Approximately 85% of the crude oil produced in the world is in the oil-in-water form, which causes major problems during exploration and production activities. The presence of oil in water causes corrosion of equipment such as pipelines and vessels and indirectly increases the transportation cost. To separate oil from water and to make the whole process of transportation easier and cheaper, certain chemicals are added to the water. These chemicals are referred to as demulsifiers or emulsion breakers, these are essential chemicals which are used to separate emulsion from crude oil.
Demulsifiers are used to separate emulsified water from crude oil during the production process. Demulsification must be done before crude oil is sent for refining process so as to avoid salt and water availability in emulsion, which may create problems during the refining process and lead to severe corrosion of equipment. Synthetic demulsifiers are added to bring about the complete demulsification of the water in oil emulsion. The main role of demulsifiers is to prevent repeated formation of oil emulsion due to decrease of mechanical strength which is formed on the surface of water drops. Demulsifier reagents are added to the emulsion to separate oil from water through sedimentation. Conventional demulsifiers used for such process include epoxy resins, polyamines, polyols and others. The demand for green demulsifiers has increased drastically in the last few years.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The demulsification process reduces the electrostatic force of repulsion between water droplets and brings all dispersed water droplets close through flocculation. It reduces surface tension between the water droplets as well as increases the speed of separation, simultaneously. Several factors are responsible for the slow growth of the demulsifiers market. These include stringent environmental regulations as many existing demulsifiers are toxic to the environment, high energy consumption during mixing and the fact that separating oil from a mixture is a time-consuming process.
Demulsifier: Market Dynamics
Increasing demand for crude oil is expected to drive the demand for demulsifiers during forecast period.
Rising global energy demand acts as key driver for oil production, which is anticipated to positively influence the demand for demulsifiers. Owing to significant crude oil production, North America and Middle East regions are expected to hold a significant market share during the forecast period. Manufacturers are focusing on mergers and acquisition tocater to the growing demand with targeted demulsifiers product portfolio for Oil and Gas sector. However, increasing concern about the impact of chemicals used in demulsifier on the environment is anticipated to restrain the consumption of demulsifiers to certain extent. Government regulations limit the use of chemicals which is also hampering the growth of the demulsifiers market globally. Manufacturers are putting efforts to develop eco-friendly demulsifiers, which are less toxic than existing demulsifiers to counter their negative impact on environment.
The Demulsifiers market can be divided into seven different geographical regions/divisions: North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, and the Middle East and Africa. Prominent oil producing countries such as UAE, Canada, U.S., Russia, China, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are among prime consumers of demulsifiers. Apart from this, manufacturers are keen over corrosion issues in pipelines and other infrastructure in oil and gas industries, these specific concerns are leading to development of advanced and eco-friendly demulsifiers by most of the chemical companies. Eco friendly demulsifiers are expected to witness significant growth in near future owing to low degree of negative impact on environment.
Owing to the increasing adoption of sustainable systems in oil production globally, the demulsifier market is projected to grow at a significantly high CAGR during the forecast period. Furthermore, new technologies and inventions in demulsifiers will foster growth in the global market.
Some of the key players of the demulsifiers market are:
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Clariant AG
- BASF SE
- Akzonobel N.V.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Demulsifier Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Demulsifier: Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the demulsifier market is segmented into:
- Water Soluble
- Oil Soluble
On the basis of application, the demulsifier market is segmented into:
- Crude Oil
- Sludge oil Treatment
- Petrochemical Refineries
- Oil based plants
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Demulsifier Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Demulsifier Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Demulsifier Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Demulsifier Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.