This Distributed Control System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Distributed Control System market.
Distributed Control System
Currently, usage of communication protocols and smart devices enables the prominence of distributed control systems (DCS) in complex industrial processes. Distributed control system is a customized system that consists of separate controllers dedicated to each machine or a particular group of machines. It is an automated system that controls different process elements, distributed over an industrial plant. The local controllers in different sections of an industrial plant communicate with each other, and the overall system, via a high speed network. These local controllers are micro processing units that acquire data and carry out the control functions in a distributed control system. Different communication protocols, such as Modbus, Arc Net, HART and Profibus, are used for the purpose of communication establishment among these controllers.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Distributed Control System Market: Drivers & Challenges
The reliability of a distributed control system generates significant demand in large industries. Also, the rising requirement of personnel and process safety results in increasing integration of distributed control systems. Innovations, such as installation of local temperature monitors and controllers for early detection of internal issues, makes the distributed control system safer and increases its demand. These are some factors driving the global market for distributed control system. Also, company development and increase in revenue generation is estimated to enable growth in the global distributed control system market. Qualities, such as automation of manufacturing processes and distribution of control functions drive the growth of the distributed control system market. Moreover, in case any part of the distributed control system fails, the industrial plant can continue to operate, as the control tasks are distributed among various local process controllers. Such factors are expected to propel the global distributed system market to greater heights.
However, high power consumption and expensive installation, maintenance and operational services are expected to challenge the growth of the global distributed control system market. Distributed control systems are designed on the basis of their industrial applications. This customization requires a lot of planning and it is time consuming and hence, challenges the growth of the global distributed control system market.
Distributed Control System Market: Regional Outlook
Governments and industrialists in North America are making huge investments to procure efficient distributed control systems. Moreover, the industry personnel safety standards set by the government, compels industries to integrate distributed control systems. These factors have enabled North America to register the highest market share. However, with increasing number of industries in Asia Pacific economies, such as India and China, together with safety standards established by the governments, the region is expected to register the highest growth in the distributed control system market, by the end of the forecast period.
Distributed Control System Market: Key Players
Few of the major players operating in the Global Distributed control system market include, Honeywell International Inc.; ABB; Siemens AG; General Electric; Schneider Electric; Hitachi Ltd.; Yokogawa Electric Corporation; Emerson Electric; Rockwell Corporation; Toshiba; Azbil; and Metso, among others.
The Distributed Control System Market Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Distributed Control System Market Segments
- Distributed control system Market Segments
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Distributed control system Market Size & Forecast, 2018 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Distributed control system Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies in Distributed control system market
- PDU Power Cord Technology
- Value Chain
- Distributed control system Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Distributed Control System Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Distributed Control System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Distributed Control System Market: Segmentation
Distributed control systems find applications in the following industries:
- Oil and gas
- Food and beverage
- Waste and water management
On the basis of DCS architecture, the global distributed control system market can be segmented into the following,
- Engineering workstation
- Operating station
- Process control unit
- Smart devices
- Communication system
On the basis of application, the global distributed control system market can be segmented as follows,
- Batch oriented industrial processes
- Continuous industrial processes
Continuous industrial processes are expected to generate the highest market value, during the forecast period. However, such applications of distributed control systems require expensive maintenance services.
On the basis of component, the global distributed control system market can be segmented into the following,
- DCS Software
- DCS Hardware
- Installation services
- Operational services
- Maintenance services
Distributed Control System Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Distributed Control System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Distributed Control System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Distributed Control System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Distributed Control System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.