This North America Keyless Vehicle Access Control System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving North America Keyless Vehicle Access Control System market.
A keyless vehicle access control system is a fully automated system comprising of an electronic locking feature which secures access to the vehicle electronically and substitutes the conventional mechanical key. This system works on a number of low frequency transmitting antennae placed outside as well as inside the vehicle.
Currently, a significant number of cars are equipped with such a system. Remote keyless entry system (RKES)have been available since 1983.These can be integrated into the car key itself or with a separate small remote control. The growing demand for RKES has led to the evolution of the passive keyless entry system (PKES)which was first patented in the US in 1990. Consumer can unlock the door of the vehicle from a certain distance with the use of a passive keyless entry system. Both RKES and PKES work on the radio frequency identification principle.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The global keyless vehicle access control system market is expected to grow twofold from 2014 to 2020. The market is driven by three major factors: rise in automotive production across the globe, improving transportation and communication infrastructure, and increasing awareness about sophisticated features in vehicles. These factors together are expected to drive the growth of this market over the next six years.
Based on system type, the keyless vehicle-access market is segmented intoRKES and PKES. Currently, RKES market is in the mature stage of its product life cycle. However, the PKES market segment is still in the nascent stage and has more room for expansion.
Emerging economies such as Asia, Eastern Europe and LatinAmerica are expected to exhibit higher penetration rate in the passenger and commercial vehicle market. APAC market is expected to register a significant growth from 2014 to 2020, due to increasing automotive production and demand. In the coming years, BRIC nations, especially India and China, will witness the highest growth rate, whereas developed countries are expected to witness sluggish growth.
Currently, North America is one of the largest markets for keyless vehicle access control system. Though it is one of the largest markets across the globe, due to the stagnancy in the automotive production and demand, in future it is expected that North America will lose its lead in the global market. The APAC region is expected to gain a larger share in the global market due to increase in automotive production and demand.
In comparison to PKE systems, RKE systems recorded about 60% penetration rate of the total North American access control market. The rate is expected to fall due to increase inthe penetration of PKE systems.This is due to the realisation of revenue gains to automakers and benefits to consumers from PKE systems. Also, in North America the penetration rate of keyless vehicle access system is expected to dominate the passenger car sector.
Key players in the keyless vehicle-access control systems market focus on research and development activities in order to produce advanced and cost-effective products. In 2013, TRW Automotive introduced PKES for ram trucks. Some of the major players in the keyless vehicle-access control systems market include Panasonic Corporation, TRW Automotive Holdings Corp., Alps Automotive, Inc., Calsonic Kansei Corporation, Delphi Automotive LLP, Lear Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Group, Valeo S.A., Atmel Corporation, Continental Automotive GmbH, Denso Corporation, Marquardt Switches Inc., and Omron Automotive Electronics Co. Ltd.
Major challenges for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) includes keeping check over price volatility in raw materials like semiconductors and other electronic components.
In future, technology advancement will most likely offer additional features like vehicle temperature information, long-range communication, car security and comforts added to keyless vehicle access systems. These developments are also expected to create impressive business opportunities for the automotive market at a global level.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key North America Keyless Vehicle Access Control System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the North America Keyless Vehicle Access Control System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the North America Keyless Vehicle Access Control System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from North America Keyless Vehicle Access Control System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the North America Keyless Vehicle Access Control System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.