This Equine Fluid Therapy market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Equine Fluid Therapy market.
Fluid (body water and electrolyte) therapy is necessary to maintain homeostasis. Equine fluid is mostly hypotonic and contains a higher concentration of potassium. The administration of fluids to equine to treat diseases is a foundation of treatment for equine practitioners. The equine fluid therapy is provided to both adult horses and foals. A clinician is considered before providing the fluid therapy, as an estimated total body water for an adult horse is 60–70 % of the body weight. The clinician considers extra parameters such as intracellular fluid and extracellular fluid. The extracellular fluid is further divided into CSF, pleural, peritoneal, and others. The fluid intake is to restore fluid volume, increase oxygen delivery and to correct the electrolyte and acid-base disturbances. The fluid deficiency is restored by using crystalloids or colloids or combination of both. The electrolyte disturbances and acid–base imbalance are corrected by using different types of fluids. The administration of crystalloids is important in the rapid restoration of fluid deficits.
The fluid is administered via the enteral route or IV. Changes such as heart rate, jugular refill time, mucous membrane, capillary refill time, skin turgor, PCV, urine specific gravity, central venous pressure are recorded, which is associated with dehydration in horses. Increasing humanization of pets and adoption of pets drives the market. Pets are sometimes also adopted for therapeutic and psychological benefits. According to the American Pet Products Association, as of 2016, 70 million to 80 million dogs (approximately 37% to 47% of all households) and 74 million to 96 million cats (30% to 37% of all households) are owned in the U.S. The percentage of household owning horses is about 1.5%. Growing trend of using pets as a status symbol is many countries, awareness about the equine fluid therapy, rise in the animal care awareness programs, and others are some of the factors expected to fuel the equine fluid therapy market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Equine fluid therapy focuses on the fluid type and rate at which it is administered to the equine patients for specific clinical conditions. Equine fluid therapy is used to improve the cardiac output and restore the circulating volume, increase oxygen delivery to the tissues. Fluid therapy can be administered via the enteral route or intravenous. Fluid therapy is necessary to decrease mortality and increase the recovery time. Fluid therapy is used to treat conditions such as sepsis, colic, hypovolemia and shock. New products and services can help horse owners and practitioners to maintain the health and protect them from established and newly emerging diseases. Normosol-R is FDA-approved crystalloids drug, which is an administered intravenous and widely used fluid in equine patients.
Factors Driving Equine Fluid Therapy
The rise in the adoption of pets, rise in incidence of pet-related disorders, use of horses in sports and adventure are factors increasing the expenditure for animal care. The government is taking initiatives across countries for the betterment of the health of pets. International agencies working for horse health ensure that the horses are healthy. The challenge associated with the equine fluid therapy market are cost associated with veterinary health, lack of public/private health insurance services, and less number of veterinary care clinics.
Significant portion of the market has been covered by crystalloids fluid, colloid and combination of crystalloid and colloid. Moreover, the awareness on animal disease and increasing animal healthcare expenditure are the major factors that drive the overall equine fluid therapy market.
Increase in Number of Veterinary Practitioners in Veterinary Hospitals
Veterinary hospitals, veterinary clinics and veterinary diagnostic are the end users, among which veterinary hospitals pose a strong position in the market due to higher adoption of fluid therapy in the treatment of various disease such as sepsis, colic, hypovolemia and shock. These end users share significant portion of revenue share in the overall market. However, increasing pet adoption, rising awareness about the animal health, growing number of veterinary practitioner provide remarkable growth opportunities for the equine fluid therapy market. Further, the growing adoption of per insurance is expected to flourish the growth of the equine fluid therapy market.
Regional Market Outlook
North America is estimated to account for major share followed by Europe. Increasing adoption of pets and involvement in sports activities related to pets, rise in incidences of veterinary diseases, rise in veterinary practices and are some of the factors contributing to the market growth in these countries. Increase in demand for pet care, emerging associations for the animal care, government support and modernize healthcare systems will contribute the growth of the equine fluid therapy market in Asia Pacific.
Small- and Medium-Scale Manufacturers/Providers
Key data points covered in report
The market sizing of equine fluid therapy market will be done by the adoption data triangulation approach. Demand-side approach will be followed to assess the actual market size of equine fluid therapy. Secondary research will be used at the initial phase to identify the age-specific disease epidemiology, diagnosis rate and treatment pattern, as per disease indications. Each piece of information is eventually analysed during the entire research project, which builds a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side users such as key opinion leaders, physicians, surgeons, nursing managers, clinical specialists who provide valuable insights on trends and clinical application of the drugs, key treatment patterns, adoption rate, and compliance rate.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Equine Fluid Therapy Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Equine Fluid Therapy Market Assessment by Fluid Type
Examples of some of the players identified in the global equine fluid therapy market are MAI Animal Health, Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC, Zoetis Services LLC., Merck Animal Health, Hospira Inc., Vedco, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc, and Muddy & Inca.
Small- and Medium-Scale Manufacturers/Providers
| || |
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Equine fluid therapy market by test type, end user and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East & Africa by test type, end user and country segments
- Equine Fluid Therapy Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Equine Fluid Therapy Market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Organ Function Assays Agents Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size, recent industry trends
- Key competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of testing, cost of test, specificity and sensitivity of test kits
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume
By Route of Administration
By Fluid Type
By End user
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Veterinary Clinics
- Veterinary Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Equine Fluid Therapy Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Equine Fluid Therapy Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Equine Fluid Therapy Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Equine Fluid Therapy Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)