This Veterinary Palliative Care Management market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Veterinary Palliative Care Management market.
What is Veterinary Palliative Care?
Veterinary Palliative Care refers to the effective treatment of pain and management of provisions for comfort care, most often for animals in their geriatric phase. Most of us are familiar with palliative care for humans, but as the pet ownership is increasing globally, the concept of Veterinary Palliative care is increasingly available for various animals. Veterinary Palliative care is often coupled with hospice care, which allows the owner of the pet to provide comfort care for a dying animal under the assistance of a veterinarian. The main focus of Veterinary Palliative Care is not to keep the animal alive, but to maximize the quality of their final days making sure the animals do not feel much pain.
Evolution of Palliative Care Management Market
Pet ownership in the US has tripled since the 1970’s and pet ownership has seen a tremendous growth globally in the recent years. Technological advances, medical advances and the dynamics of animal-human bond are combining to make veterinary palliative care even more important today.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Due to an increase in veterinary hospice services across various regions globally, more and more pet families are looking forward for ways to decrease pain and increase the quality of life for their pets turning towards veterinary palliative care management. Many pets globally are now reaching their geriatric phase, and like their human counterparts, they do experience pain as part of the aging process. Many of the owners are open to veterinary palliative care options.
Current Adoption Rates of Veterinary Palliative Care Management
Veterinary Medicine in Veterinary Palliative Care Management
Veterinary Medicine is considered an excellent tool for pain management in animals. Pain management is considered the central element of veterinary palliative care. It is done through combination of various drug and non-drug therapies. The possible pharmaceutical treatment in Veterinary Palliative Care is quite similar to what is used in humans: local anesthetics, steroids, opioids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Non-drug therapies like acupuncture and hydrotherapy can also be very effective.
Recent Developments in Veterinary Palliative Care Management
Veterinary Palliative Care uses “multimodal” approach for pain management. It combines various therapies to create a synergistic response which is far more effective than a single therapy. Various analgesics are used prior to the onset of pain, this helps in dampening the pain. Some of the drugs which excite the prospect of growth for Veterinary Palliative care are Campromorelin and Grapiprant. Grapiprant is used for pain management and Campromorelin looks promising in trials for in-appetence. Overall, there are a few drugs which have hit the market and can considerably effect the growth of veterinary palliative care.
Drivers and Restraints for Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market
As per an online study conducted in 22 countries by Growth from Knowledge (GfK) on 27,000 online consumers in 2015, majority of the consumers own pets. Developed regions like North America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe show a significant percentage of pet ownership. Asian Countries have the smallest percentage of pet ownership, however, these emerging economies are exciting markets in the coming years. The increasing percentage of pet ownership and the ever so growing dynamic animal-human bond, where people are deeply attached to their pets helps in propelling the Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market. However, government regulations and economical instabilities, especially in the emerging economies hinder the growth of the market.
Geographically, the global market for Veterinary Palliative Care Management in classified into the following regions:- North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America, Latin America, Western Europe and Eastern Europe are expected to take a considerable share in the global Veterinary Palliative Care market as Pet ownership and financial expenditure on pets is one of the highest in these regions. Some of the fastest growing markets regionally in Palliative care are Asia Pacific, China and Japan.
Some of the key players identified in the Veterinary Palliative Care Management market are Pfizer, Zoetis, Intervet Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, VIRBAC, IDEXX Laboratories, Merial, Ceva, Vetoquinol S.A. However, the increase in awareness about Veterinary Palliative care and medical advancements provide a global opportunity for various manufacturers.
- IDEXX Laboratories
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bayer AG
Key data points covered in the report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market by Host, Type, Distribution Channel and Region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific, China, Japan, Middle East & Africa by Host, Type and Distribution Channel segmentation
- Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Veterinary Palliative Care Management Agents Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
FMI utilizes a triangulation methodology that is primarily based on experimental techniques such as patient-level data, to obtain precise market estimations and insights on various Veterinary Palliative Care Management techniques. Bottom-up approach is always used to obtain insightful data for the specific country/regions. The country specific data is again analysed to derive data at a global level. This methodology ensures high quality and accuracy of information.
Opinions of key leaders, physicians, surgeons, nursing managers, clinical specialists who provide valuable insights on trends and clinical application of the drugs, key treatment patterns, adoption rate, and compliance rate are taken into consideration.
Quantitative and qualitative assessment of basic factors driving demand, economic factors/cycles and growth rates and strategies utilized by key players in the market is analysed in detail while forecasting, in order to project Year-on-Year growth rates. These Y-o-Y growth projections are checked and aligned as per industry/product lifecycle and further utilized to develop market numbers at a holistic level.
On the other hand, we also analyse various companies annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, 10k reports and press release operating in this market segment to fetch substantial information about the market size, trends, opportunity, drivers, restraints and to analyse key players and their market shares. Key companies are segmented at Tier level based on their revenues, product portfolio and presence.
Please note that these are the partial steps that are being followed while developing the market size. Besides this, forecasting will be done based on our internal proprietary model which also uses different macro-economic factors such as per capita healthcare expenditure, disposable income, industry based demand driving factors impacting the market and its forecast trends apart from disease related factors.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The Global Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market is segmented by:
- Companion Animals
- Farm Animals
- Ruminant Animals
- Poultry Animals
- Drug therapies
- Local Anesthetics
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Non-Drug Therapies
- Physical therapy
By Distribution Channel
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Veterinary Clinics
- Veterinary Pharmacies
- Online Veterinary Stores
- North America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- China Japan
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, Channel strategies, regional footprint, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Veterinary Palliative Care Management Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)