This Extensometer market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Extensometer market.
Extensometer Market: Introduction
Extensometer was invented by Charles Houston in 1879. Houston later gave rights to Fairbanks & Ewing (a manufacturer of scales and testing machines). Traditionally, extensometers are the most convenient and widely used instruments for the measurement of strains in a material test specimen. These extensometers are based on contact techniques. However, non-contacting optical techniques are becoming more important. An extensometer is an instrument used to check the changes in the dimension (especially length) of an object. Extensometers are useful for stress strain measurement and tensile tests. The extensometers are divided into two categories: contact and non-contact. In recent years, significant developments have happened in the area of noncontact extensometers – extensometers based on laser and video technology have been developed.
In the mining industry, extensometers are used to measure displacements on high/batters. Plotting time verses displacement enables engineers to determine if walls are failures about to happen. And for difficult failures, equipment such as lasers and radar scans are used, which allow three-dimensional and four-dimensional analysis. Some of the standards associated with extensometers are ASTM E83 Standard for classification and verification of Extensometers and ASTM D4403 standard for the extensometer used in rock.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Extensometer Market: Dynamics
Increasing mining activity across various regions will spur the demand in the extensometer market. Mining industry contributes a healthy share to a country’s GDP. Even mining done on a small scale contributes a healthy share to the entire mineral production. However, various rules and regulations associated with extraction of minerals could hamper the growth of the extensometers market. Increasing scope of applications involving integrity test of materials such as metals, composites and polymers in construction, automotive and other industrial sectors are deemed to offer future growth opportunities for the Extensometers market.
Over the years, the mining industry has developed through a year-long process that has brought together more than hundreds of stakeholders from governments, private sector, non-governmental and international organizations. Moreover, growing urbanizations & industrialization, particularly in emerging economies, will lead to demand for commodities from metal and mining industries. People living in cities consume higher share of resources – their population is expected to get doubled in near future. Due to the aforementioned reasons, the demand for mining will increase, which in turn, will increase the demand in the extensometers market.
Extensometer Market: Trend/ Regional Outlook
North America and Europe have beenthe traditional markets adopting the extensometers in related uses since inception. These regions are expected to find a fair share of extensometers with an optimal growth rate. However, with the crux shift of manufacturing and construction sectors towards developing countries and emerging economic regions of South East Asia is projected to witness a significant growth over the forecast period
Extensometer Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants/vendors operating in the Extensometer market across the globe are:
- Tinuis Olsen
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- Zwick Roell
- Shenzhen Wance Testing Machine
- Reliant Technology
- Volumec Mechanical Innovations
- LIMESS Messtechnik und Software GmbH
- Agisco s.r.l.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Extensometer Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Extensometer Market: Segmentation
Contact extensors measure extension accurately and are cost-effective. Though, clip-on extensometers need more physical involvement and, without maintenance, can present incorrect test results. Sensor arm extensometers provide high accuracy and ease of use owing to their entirely automatic operation, which includes the setting of variable gage lengths. Non contacts extensometers are required when the specimen is sensitive to knife edges or when the extensometer may get damaged in case of a test specimen failure. Next laser extensometers are used for materials where traditional clip on an extensometer or mass of clip affects the materials properties due to being physically attached to sample. Laser extensometers can be used for testing at sub-zero or elevated temperatures. A video extensometer is a device which is capable of performing stain/stress measurements of certain materials, by taking continuous images of the specimen during tests, using a digital video camera or frame grabber attached to a personal computer.
On the basis of type, the Extensometer market can be segmented into:
- Clip On
- Sensor Arm
On the basis of function, the Extensometer market can be segmented into:
- Rod Extensometer (consist of anchor set at specified depths)
- Magnet Extensometer (consists of series of magnet that are installed with an access pipe)
- Tape Extensometer (monitor convergence in undergroundopenings, such as tunnel)
- Sensors arm Extensometers
On the basis of application, the Extensometer market can be segmented into:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Extensometer Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Extensometer Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Extensometer Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Extensometer Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.