This Folate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Folate market.
Folate, also known as vitamin B9, is most noted for its role in supporting a healthy pregnancy and fetal development. It is a synthetic folate compound used in vitamin supplements and fortified food because of its increased stability. It is also find a major application in the pharmaceutical industry, as a key ingredient to prevent anemia. Globally, he leading producer of folate in the year 2014. Lured by increasing price of folic acid, several players have announced their entry into the market. Most of the new players, who are planning to enter the market, have either received environmental clearance or have submitted their environmental impact statement. Prices are beginning to climb down as a consequence of new starts.
Folate Market: Drivers & Restraints
Increased health awareness among consumer, is driving them for the consumption of folate based products. Another key driver for the folate market is the increase in fertility rate among women, especially in the Asia pacific region. Folic acid could be unsafe when taken by mouth in large doses in a long-term. High doses of folate might cause abdominal cramps, diarrhea, rash, sleep disorders, irritability, confusion, nausea, stomach upset, behavior changes, skin reactions, seizures, gas, excitability, and other side effects. This has led to government interference in the selling of folate based medicines in the open market to prevent drug abuse.
Due to the rapid fall in the price of folates, the folate market has been witnessing the entry of multiple new players. These new entrants have proven to be a major threats to the big firms in the market. As more and more capacity comes online, prices are expected to go down more rapidly in the near future.
The folate market can be segmented on the basis of source, application and end use. On the basis of source, it can be further segmented into fruits, leafy vegetables, milk, and others (whole wheat bread, sunflower seed, etc.). On the basis of application, the market is segmented into food industry, pharmaceutical industry and neutraceuticals. On the basis of end use, the folate market is segmented into baby foods, dietary supplements, fortified foods, others.
FolateMarket: Region Wise Outlook
Geographically, the folatemarket is segmented into seven regions which are; North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), and Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Japan. Among them, Asia pacific region is the highest contributor to the global folate market. In terms of volume, China is leader in the global folate market, with 80% of the market share in the global folate market.
Folate Market: Key Players
Some of the key players across the value chain dominating this market are: Jiangxi Tianxin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Jangxi Zhangle Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd, Anhui Shengda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Shangdong Hongzhi Biotechnology Co., Ltd, D.S. Lab, Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Bio-Med Pvt. Ltd, Synokem Pharmaceuticals Ltd , Glyco Labs, Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd, Medicamen Biotech Ltd, etc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- FolateMarket Segments
- FolateMarket Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- FolateMarket Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- FolateMarket Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- FolateMarket Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Folate Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Folate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Folate Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Folate Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Folate Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Folate Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)